Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

Gathering Supplies (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Gathering Supplies (open) Empty
PostSubject: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:40 pm

The first week of school had been quite a busy one for the youngest Weasley, and she found herself reluctant to get out of bed on Saturday morning. Though she wanted to visit Hogsmeade, she also wanted to sleep in, and so she didn’t even manage to drag herself to the Great Hall until nearly one o’clock. Luckily, she managed to make lunch and grabbed some sandwiches before making her way out of the castle, long red hair blowing in the slight breeze.

She’d grabbed her lunch to go, not intending to spend any money on food in the village. It was much more important for her to stock up on a few extra supplies from Zonko’s, not that her brothers could know about that, and she also wanted to grab some sweets. Maybe she could convince Fred and George to open a Hogsmeade location soon. She wasn’t sure how they were doing financially, but it seemed like they were doing well enough judging by how much of their stuff was found around Hogwarts.

Her long plaid shirt was comfortable in the cooling temperatures, while her robes remained up in the Gryffindor dorms. She was sure Ron would find some way to call her clothing inappropriate despite the fact that her skinny jeans fully covered her and the undershirt she wore had a relatively high neckline. She was positively tomboyish in this outfit, and it made her feel comfortable and free. No matter what her hotheaded brother might think, Ginny was happy.

The redhead was working on her second sandwich as she entered the joke shop, waving at the proprietor and offering a smile. The twins were still friendly with the man who inspired them, after all, so she didn’t mind staying that way as well. The idea was to get a few extra explosives to mix in with her Weasley ones, just to give her distraction a bit of an oomph. She also wanted to see what new stuff the shop had to offer. Always good to keep an eye on her brothers’ competition.

”Hmm,” she muttered, swallowing another bite of sandwich before grabbing one of the medium sized rockets. ”You might suit my purposes well…” Her interest was so focused on the fireworks display that Ginny didn’t even notice the clearing of a throat nearby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Fresh air did a man some good and it was good to take advantage of the times he could get some. The young lad had been halfway back to Ravenclaw tower before realizing he hadn't asked his little ginger what she would be doing on Saturday and the rest of the week didn't give many opportunities either. In fact the only time a bloke saw the little fireball was in classes and that just wouldn't do.

Though Riley did a good job of keeping busy himself by catching up on homework and with friends but he was starting to get antsy. Naturally an early riser he leisurely made his way down to the village of Hogsmeade and had breakfast at the three broomsticks and when he finished he took to wandering around the village hoping to see the flash of red hair he was looking for. Eventually Riley spotted exactly who he was waiting for and she was heading into Zonko's so in he went too following at a slow pace and good distance until she started examining a good sized rocket talking about how it would serve her purposes. Riley had to hold back a snicker at how amusing Ginny was at the moment and he cleared his throat to gain her attention but she didn't seem to hear. He walked up until he was right behind her. "Hem, hem." He cleared his throat again quirking one eyebrow at her while an amused crooked grin appeared on his face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Jumping slightly at the clearing throat that sounded much too like that of Dolores Umbridge, Ginny spun on her heel and slapped her unofficial boyfriend hard on the chest. Though she was smiling, she still beat on him a few times for good measure before throwing her arms about his neck and nuzzling into the space where his collarbone dipped in, making the perfect space for her cheek.

It had been a while since their date, and Ginny had thought of him a lot since then. It was odd for her to have such a strong crush, yet it felt natural all the same as she inhaled him and her grin widened. ”Hey Soldier,” she muttered into his shirt. She wondered what he had been up to outside of classes. She also wondered if he might be up for sneaking her out of detention a few times in the coming week or more, depending on who handed out her punishment tomorrow and how harsh they were feeling.

”What are you up to?” Keeping her arms around his neck, Ginny leaned back and looked into his face. She felt like she could stare at this boy for hours and never get bored. Even the simple thought made her feel ill with the ridiculous gushiness of the idea. Was she turning into some foolish girl like Lavender Brown or something? Merlin, she hoped not. She’d just have to prove it with some new bruises or something soon. Hopefully the prank would help her reassert her tomboyish nature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 am

She was so beautiful. Every time he saw her face again it was like the first time seeing a flower bloom and then she was pounding on his chest and he was reminded that he was an idiot for comparing the brutal monkey to a flower and he lifted his arms to shield himself from her blows even as he laughed at her. Riley gathered her into his arms when she threw herself into them and his hands settled on her lower back and he buried his face in her long red locks familiarizing himself with her smell all over again.

"Actually, I've been searching high and low over this here village for a certain girl who seems to have stolen all my sense." He smiled his best crooked smile down at her. He was talking about her and Riley almost said heart instead of sense but that sounded too much like a declaration of love for him and he was all for not going down that road that would only lead to misery for himself. "And then I ran into you." He said playing with her because he knew that she was a smart girl and would know he meant she was the one he had been looking for and that he was only jesting with her. "So tell me little ginger, what it is you need that rocket that is almost bigger than yourself for?" He asked not forgetting how he had come upon her and giving her a you are so busted look but his smile never left his face and neither did he let her go. It had been too long since she had been in his arms and he was quite happy to keep her there for as long as she let him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Ginny smirked at the boy who was consistently confusing her as far as what the hell she wanted in her life. One moment it was clear as day that she still had her heart set on Harry some day in the distant future, but then the next her hero of a birdboy would catch her eye and all she would be able to picture was his crooked smile growing wrinkled and old looking down on her ever-lightening red hair. That was not a pretty picture. Her hair changing color was never fun to think of, since she was rather attached to its vivid hue.

The thing was, this boy was quickly becoming a much more permanent fixture in the Weasley female’s imagination, and she wasn’t exactly upset about it. She wondered absently what Harry would think of this, but figured she’d tackle that when it came time and simply shook her head at the one who had completely overwhelmed her with his perfect imperfection. ”Wouldn’t you like to know?” she murmured into his chest, nuzzling her face against him and inhaling his now-familiar scent. ”Is it too mushy to say I missed you?” Her voice was a bit low and husky, but she swallowed thickly and looked up at him through thick lashes. There was something delicious about being in his arms.

”The rocket is to help a friend get revenge on a certain snake who had the nerve to ruin my favorite shirt, if you must know. Tomorrow you should be prepared for an… eventful dinner.” Ginny winked at him, smiling as she figured he would either be all for it or try to stop her. Either way, she was still going to pull off the prank, and she was still doing it alone. Perhaps her soldier could assist her in the future though. He did seem like a fun sort of bird, after all. ”I’m also doing a bit of research for the family business.” This time, she held her finger up to her lips. He didn’t have to keep quiet about her dinner plans, but the recon she was secretly on was definitely something to keep hush hush. Priorities? Yeah. One could say Ginny had those. Perhaps skewed, but she had them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:16 am

Her mumbled words fell on his ears like the sound of bells or wind chimes and he found it incredible that his mental analogy seemed so fitting for his little ginger because for someone so hard and rough she made the sweetest of sounds to him. Riley kept himself from saying something so ridiculously witch-ish and instead held her tightly against him and grinned his crooked smile widely down at her and his brown eyes were bright and amused. "No more mushier than me saying I missed you. Though if it helps we can just be mushy together."

He had to work to keep the look of fascination and admiration off his face at the way she looked at him through those thick lashes she had framing the most beautiful and expressive eyes he had ever known. It was becoming clearer and clearer just how much he was beginning to adore the only Weasley girl of the clan and he wasn't entirely sure that was a good thing. This was all supposed to be just fun good times and here he was feeling more than he should. If he were being honest with himself it was more than he had ever felt for any other witch and there had been plenty. Looking down at the brash lioness in his arms Riley couldn't bring himself to resent her for it.

He wasn't too surprised that she was up to no good because in all honesty Ginny was no angel and far from it from what he knew and could tell and he wasn't either but the little ginger seemed to like pushing her luck. He chuckled and shook his head at her but his eyes never lost the adoration in them. "Mums the word on both then." Riley agreed simply. He may be a prefect but he wasn't going to rain on her parade and he was known to seek a little revenge now and again and he couldn't begrudge her that. It was only a good few rockets so it wasn't like she was going to kill anyone or seriously main them even if he wouldn't put it past her to. He had seen the witch angry a fair few times over the years and she was quite scary when angered.

He relaxed his hold on her body and let his hands settle on her hips and gripped them possessively and because he was unable to stop himself Riley claimed her soft lips with his own not caring where they were or who might see them. It had been too long since he had last been able to touch her and feel her and kiss her and he wasn't going to go another second without. His kiss was not chaste but much like the witch in his arms it was passionate and fiery and he only ended it when he could no longer breathe and even then he didn't move too far from her. His lips moved to her ear and he whispered hotly in it. "So are you just about done here little ginger? If so I thought we could do with some one on one time." Riley desperately wanted to get the girl alone and have her to himself before any of her friends decided to show up and snatch her from him like they'd done all week at school. It wasn't so much that he wanted her physically even though he did want her physically and badly but Riley wanted to spend time with her. For the first time in his life he was really captivated by a witch and he had no plans on discarding the little ginger as he had down countless others before her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Ginny felt like the smile would never leave her face as her prefect boyfriend, yes she even broke down and thought of him with the title, promised to keep her prank a secret. He was a good guy, and he was winning her over with every little interaction they had. Every touch of his skin and every shared word. She was falling hard. The redhead didn’t even try to deny that when she looked to the future everything was clouded by the dashing Ravenclaw who held her heart in the palm of his hands. If he ever knew how hard she’d fallen for him, she’d surely be done for.

This was the Ravenclaw playboy! He had his fun with girls, then moved on to the next. The fact that he was acting completely different with Ginny was not lost on her, but she had to wonder if the usual Riley would come to the forefront anytime soon. It was odd to think about, but when Ginny gave her heart she felt quite vulnerable. No one got to make her cry, and that meant having her guard up.

Putting all these thoughts aside for the time being, however, Ginny nodded her head even as her face hovered near his. The kiss had been wonderful and just what she wanted, needed even. She loved the way his hands covered her hips and how he could take possession of her lips with his. The bruising way his fingertips prodded, not so hard as to hurt her but hard enough to leave the marks she loved, made her heart swoon. The boy knew just what she wanted and just how to give it to her. “I think I have all that I need now,” she murmured, definitely meaning the implication that he had completed her list.

The youngest Weasley dropped her desired rockets so that she could run her fingers over his chest, playing with the fabric that covered his gorgeous muscles. She let her hands wander up his chest and around his neck while her eyes peered up into his and she licked her lips subconsciously. All she wanted to do was sink into his kiss again. ”What did you have in mind?” she asked, biting her lower lip as she fought to resist the urge to simply snog the life out of the sexy Ravenclaw before her. She did hope he had somewhere private in mind for them so they could finish what they’d started here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Such a devilish little minx she was! It was hard to know for sure if it was on purpose or subconscious the way she handled herself around him but every little look, move, and word had Riley craving for more. He had a feeling it was mostly subconscious and he knew if given the choice he could watch her just be for hours on end. It was odd at first and worrying just how attached and fascinated he had become with the only Weasley female and yet he could not convince himself to stop wanting to be around her or having her around. This marked the first time in history Riley had mixed having fun with a witch and having feelings for her too because he had never before felt for any witch and this one could destroy him in the blink of an eye but he tried not to think about that part too much.

"Do you intentionally try to make me swoon or is it just a natural ability of yours?" He teased her softly with his trademark crooked smile and unable to help himself when she licked her lips like that he captured her lips again in a searing kiss he was sure would leave her knees weak and gently pulled away from her to pick up the chosen rockets of hers and a few bigger ones from the shelf with a wink to her. Grabbing her hand he lead the way to the counter where he placed all the items and pulled out his wallet to pay for it all because he had more than enough money to spare and it was probably the only way he could contribute to this prank of hers being a prefect and all. Handing the money over to the guy behind the counter Riley smiled crookedly down at the girl he desperately wanted to be able to call girlfriend. "I was thinking we might grab some lunch. " He was casual with his delivery of this idea and hoped she would agree because the set up for their unofficial second date had already been done but if she wasn't hungry there was a plan b formulated in his head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:32 am

It seemed likely that the two of them together meant the kissing would never stop, but Ginny found she didn’t really mind that one bit as she gave this snog session her all just as she had the one before it and would the one to follow. Somehow every single kiss felt like a whole new and amazing experience with Riley, and the redhead found herself loving the way her knees buckled and her breath disappeared. All she wanted was to see if these same effects would last into old age, and that simple thought scared the crap out of her.

Instead of worrying about her sudden girly thought process, Ginny focused on the idea presented to her. ”Well, I did have a couple sandwiches on the way here,” she started, but her stomach grumbled as if in protest of her words. ”By now, though, you pretty much know I’m not a typical ‘girl’. I could definitely go for some lunch,” she laughed. It was nice to be with someone who wouldn’t look at her oddly for the fact that she let herself eat when she was hungry and didn’t pretend to be some sort of rabbit or something in front of the boy she was dating. What was there to be so ashamed of when it came to eating anyway? Food was good! Ginny wasn’t about to pretend that wasn’t a fact.

”You really shouldn’t be spending all your money on me though,” she scorned. Sure, everyone knew her family didn’t have much extra. It wasn’t exactly hard to guess that such a large family would be a bit strapped for cash. However, that didn’t mean she needed handouts. Since she had planned on buying her own rockets and the Ravenclaw had swooped in to purchase those for her, she had extra. ”I’ll make a deal with you though. You can buy me lunch if I can get us dessert. I wanted to stop by Honeydukes anyway to stock up on some sweets. It would be a shame not to get some sugar for someone as sweet as you.” She snorted at her own silly pun, especially at how corny and romantic it sounded. Riley was breaking her.

She grabbed the bag of rockets and thrust it into one of the boy’s hands, placing her own hand into his other one and leading them toward the door with a grin and a ‘thanks’ to the shopkeep. ”So, where are we eating, loverboy?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:44 am

"Instead of the heart of a lion with you it's more like the stomach of one eh?" He asked playfully with a wink at his little ginger and a crooked grin but he was happy to feed her bottomless pit of a stomach. It might have surprised him how easy she was becoming his in his mind but the fact that he did want her to be his overrode any normal mind functions at the time. Riley flashed her a winning smile as he handled the bag of rockets with ease and not at all concerned that anyone who spotted him with them might tie him to whatever prank his little ginger was going to pull.

He tugged on her hand with enough pressure to have her turning back into him before they reached very far and held up three fingers with his winning grin plastered on his handsome face. "Three things my little ginger. One, I have more money than I know what to do with and it's probably a better use of it if I spend it on financing whatever hair brain schemes you come up with than on myself." One finger curled back down and leaving two fingers still extended. "Two. You can buy me all the chocolate you want because I am partial to the sweets." His second weekend curled back down leaving only one extended. "And three. Where we are going is a surprise which means...." Riley pulled from his pocket a handkerchief to which he planned on tying around her eyes so she could not see like a blindfold. He waved it in front of her face and smiled a cheesy smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 am

The thought that she should be a bit embarrassed at being called a sort of bottomless pit did cross her mind, but Ginny didn’t give it any merit. Instead, she grinned right back and nodded her head proudly at his assessment. She was a lion through and through. She watched him count down his ‘three things’ and found herself smiling in a ridiculous way. Since she was sure he wouldn’t allow her to argue with his points, she figured she’d just accept them and figure out ways to pay the silly bird back.

His third stipulation made her growl a bit, however, as she glared at the handkerchief and his silly grin. ”Well, I’m glad you’ll at least let me treat you to something,” she muttered, pointedly ignoring the other meanings her statement could hold. Ginny snatched the hanky from his hand and gave him a mighty glare before wrapping it about her eyes and tying it tight.

”Alright. Now lead me, birdboy. I’m starved.” Her arms were crossed and she was really having quite a fun time of this little adventure. She just hoped she’d regain dominance soon. Ginny wasn’t exactly used to following orders after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:52 am

Her reaction was a bit too priceless in his mind and his smile widened into an ear-to-ear unrepentant grin as she snatched the handkerchief from him and tied it around her head herself. Her attitude about the blindfold had Riley chuckling lightly and he didn't bother trying to resist the urge to claim her lips again, licking at her lips in a request for entrance into the hot and moist cavern that was her mouth.

Kissing the fiery witch awoke things inside him he had not felt with any other witch he had kissed, and that both scared and excited Riley. In a matter of a week she had managed to make the boy want to mean something to her, and be someone special in her eyes. At this point Riley was dead set on being the number one man in her eyes, and he didn't really give a shite about how impossible the task seemed when he compared himself to the boy-who-lived, who Riley hated to remember was the one who had her heart.

His tongue plundered her mouth and he kissed her with a passion that could leave no doubt or question as to his intentions with the red headed witch. Riley was completely aware he was falling for her and he had no problem showing it. He would never do her the dishonor of treating her as if she were just an option like all the other witches before her. He pulled back from her lips only when he needed air, and his hands had somehow made their way to her ass where they held her tightly against his own body and he leaned his forward against hers speaking in a wanting growl against her lips. "As long as the treat is you I don't need anything else my little ginger."

It could be construed as corny but it was true and he wouldn't apologize for it. He knew his reputation preceded him and he didn't want whatever chances he had with her to be ruined by her questioning his intentions in this. Riley wanted her to know she were different than the rest. Special even, especially to him, which brought him to their lunch. He smiled his crooked smile at her even though he knew she could not see it and took her hand again. "Anything you say Miss Weasley." He replied in a gentlemanly fashion and proceeded to pull her along in a manner and pace that guaranteed she wouldn't fall..too much. She liked scrapes and bruises after all and he felt it wouldn't be a proper date to her if she didn't run the risk of getting injured in some way.

Eventually he got them to the spot where he had set up a picnic, complete with butterbeers and Riley's personal favorite, fish and chips. There was also a creative edible bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries in place of the standard bouquet of flowers a bloke gave a witch. He snatched it up while keeping hold of her hand. "Alright little ginger, you can look now." His winning smile was back as he stood before her holding out the edible bouquet for her to take. He knew this might seem a bit too romantic for her tastes but the two bikes he had managed to get his hands on thanks to his transfiguration professor that were leaning against the tree held the promise that she would end up a bit more bruised than when they firsts arrived.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Ginny snorted at his antics as she was led rather roughly to whatever surprise Riley had planned for them. She hoped it involved more kissing, since he proved to be so very talented at that, and she also hoped there was a bit of a romantic element, even though she usually hated those. Coming from him, romance seemed so… genuine. That somehow made it okay with the younger redhead.

After tripping a few times along the way and growling at the birdboy for his troubles, Ginny happily removed her blindfold only to gasp at the display. The most wonderful food ever sat before them and the picnic was just the right amount of romantic, and there were some kind of… things nearby that looked like they were to be ridden on somehow. They promised some new bumps and bruises, and that made Ginny’s heart flutter.

”This is perfect!” she yelped, crashing to her knees on the blanket and grabbing a crispy piece of fish. She shoved it into her mouth and closed her eyes in delight at the greasy flavor that caressed her tongue. Oh, it was delicious. ”So what are those things?” she asked after swallowing her mouthful of fish and pointing toward the wheeled objects. She’d never seen something like that before, but she was rather excited.

She looked over at Riley and noticed the bouquet he held, eyes going wide at the beauty of it. ”How do you know all the best ways into my heart, hmm?” They were getting close to mushy here, but for some reason that didn’t bother her. Ginny felt like she wanted to tell him how much she was falling for him, but she was worried it might scare the boy off. Instead, she just blushed a bit and took another bite of fish, effectively shutting herself up before she could do any more damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gathering Supplies (open)   Gathering Supplies (open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gathering Supplies (open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1