Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Empty
PostSubject: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 am

Lillian was angry.No,not angry.Frustrated would be the right word.She could understand why she had been sorted into Slytherin,but she couldn't understand why everyone treated her so...mean.Was it because she wasn't English?Or was it because she wasn't like all the other snakes?Maybe she wasn't meant to be a snake,after all.Maybe the Sorting Hat was wrong or maybe...or maybe that was just her fate.Though she couldn't understand them.

She was sick of acting like a total bitch,just to match the prototypes.She was sick of being someone else instead of herself.And she was sick of people acting as if she is a disgrace to the Slytherin House,or a second Pansy coming up.She was far from being like Pansy,but people couldn't see that because no one bothered to see her.She tries to be friendly,and everyone hates her.She stays away from gossip and fighting,and everyone considers her a bitch.Why did things have to be so complicated?

Making her way towards the Astronomy Tower,Lills tried not break down.She wanted to cry,just to take out all this frustration.She wanted to feel wanted for once.She wanted people to like her for who she really was,and not judge her all the time,or tell her that she's not a worthy snake.She was Lillian,and if someone wanted her,he'll have to put up with her,and her differences.

After reaching the Astronomy Tower,she made her way up,towards the Astronomy Stairwell,looking out at the cold night.The starts were visible in the sky,as was the chilly breeze that was blowing.
"You,stars,are my only friends..."
She was too lost though to understand that someone had come in right after her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Luca had made his way up to the astronomy tower. It was peaceful up there and he got told there would be a full moon tonight. That always made the stars brighter and appear closer. As he reached the top he realised he came in just behind a blonde girl. He stood silently hoping he wasn't interupting her. He knew he liked his peace on nights like this and maybe she would want the same? Just as Luca went to turn to leave he heard a soft voice escape the lips behind him.
"You,stars,are my only friends..."

His heart trembled at these words and he felt sorry for the girl. Maybe company wasn't such a bad idea. Turning he cleared his throat as to let her be aware of his pressence. He wouldn't bring up what she said just in case it made her embarassed though he figured she knew. Instead he smiled. "Beautiful night isn't it?" He spoke going over to the rail leaning out of it then turning back to her resting against it. "My name is Luca, what's yours?" He asked as an attempt to make conversation. He was not wearing his robes to show what house he was in, instead he wore a jersey and just a plain black robe. He recognised the girl to be in Slytherin but he wasn't one to judge. After all, his sis had a few friends in Slytherin and they seemed to be ok...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:25 am

Lillian was too lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear someone else coming.Her life was messed up,and she had no idea how to take care of that.Why?Why was she sorted into Slytherin when it was proven she didn't really belong there.Titles were nothing to her.Yes,she was a Pureblood,and yes,she came form a very old,wealthy and powerful family of Denmark,but where did that help?No where.Instead,she was being ignored and called different things,things that she wasn't,but people labelled her,because that was life.Though she hated it.They didn't know her.At all.Yet they always had something to say.She tried being harsh and cruel.Cold and mean.She tried to fit the stereotype of a Slytherin,just to fit somewhere,and the only thing she got was rejection.But maybe that was because she was trying to fit somewhere she shouldn't.Maybe life was trying to show her that she should look somewhere else,and not stick to  trying getting the wrong people's attention.

The sound of someone clearing his throat made Lillian jump and turn around to face a guy.The smile on his face and his words made her open and close her mouth like a fish multiple times,words not coming out of her mouth.She knew that he had heard her,yet his choice of not saying a word,or trying to humiliate her,immediately made him amazing in her eyes.She knew that he was a Hufflepuff,and he knew that she was a Slytherin,yet no one seemed to care.The went past this and looked at each other as two common young people.No Houses and stereotypes keeping them apart,and that made Lillian wonder.Was this her chance to try changing everything,and accepting the fact that she indeed was different?And more importantly,was she willing to try?

"It always is beautiful..Stjernerne ser på os...(The stars are looking upon us),"she said in her Dutch accent.Shrugging,she watched him walking over to the rail,her eyes following his every move.The moonlight shining upon him made him look like an angel.Her Guardian Angel coming to save her,maybe?Her breath hitched a little,but she quickly pulled herself together,not wanting him to see that.He might not like her at all after all.
"Lillian.I am Lillian..it's...nice to meet you.."
Biting her lip,she walked over to him,standing closer.It was good not to be alone.Smiling sadly,she turned to face the sky,placing her hands on the rail,and sighing.
"I know...I know that you've heard me...and I am not going to pretend as if you didn't."Turning her head slightly to look at him,she shrugged her shoulders softly and bit her lip.
"I also know that you know I am a Slytherin..and I hope you don't mind...because I really am not like them.."

Lillian hated fighting,gossiping and torturing others.She always had to act just to fit.But now,she found no reason to hide who she is.
"I....I don't know what else to say.."
Lillian had never been busted before,and this felt different.She didn't know if she was happy or not,since many things were running through her mind at the moment.Mostly,she was confused.

Last edited by Lillian Vinter on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Luca smiled lopsidedly as his smile always did. her accent was vivid and intrigued him. She seemed to have a way with words which had him somewhat captivated. He nodded at her statement about stars and couldn't help but agree,
"It seems they are always there, in the sky watching. The stars hardly change the way we do. The constellations remain from our view. And there in the sky they watch us as we change."

Another smile escaped his lips as he looked down at the girl slightly. He watched over his shoulder from the raiil as she slowly walked over to join him. She mentioned her name was Lillian. It was a pretty name, one she suited. He couldn't help but wonder how long she had been in the UK with such a vivid Dutch accent. But he shook off the question.
"Well Lill, it's nice to meet you too"
He added titlting his head to one side as if to get a better look at the slytherin before him. She didn't seem to fit the typical stereotype. Just as he assumed. He was thankful he was right about that so far.

He listened as she spoke once more, he looked out into the night over the rails though taking in every word.
"I know...I know that you've heard me...and I am not going to pretend as if you didn't. I also know that you know I am a Slytherin..and I hope you don't mind...because I really am not like them.."
There was a silence between the two for a while before she added:
"I....I don't know what else to say.."

She was a puzzle to him, and he enjoyed it. He didn't know many people to come straight out and put themselves on the line admitting to something that may or may not embarrass them. He wanted to grin but her last statement made him sight.
"You don't need to say anything" he began,
"I did hear you that is true. I just didn't want to say anything for your sake. But you brought it up and I hope you don't mind that I heard. As for your other comment... well..."
He began teasing a little as he left a small moment of silence between them before he spoke.
"I don't believe in stereotypes, though some seem to follow them willingly. Truth is Lillian, my heart went out to you when I heard you say that... and well I know you are different. That is what makes you unique"
he smiled as he said this placing a hand on her shoulder as if to offer comfort then quickly pulling away as if changing his mind thinking it may be inappropriate.
"I must say though, I find it hard to believe you have no friends but the stars. You seem to wonderful not to have them"
he added, the smile remained as he looked back out to the stars and the moon then back to the girl before him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Lillian was shocked in a good way.No one had ever shared the same ideas as her,and when the boy seemed to understand her words,Lillian had to smile and look at him,searching for something else there.He was the first person that hadn't walked away or called her names the moment he saw her,and that made Lillian feel...different.
"We grow old..we become more mature.We make a family,or we make not.We are happy,or we are not.But the starts shall never get bored.They will always be there,watching us.They will always be the ones we can trust our secrets,without worrying of someone hearing about them.The ones we can talk when we're sad.The ones that shall keep us company when we're alone.The one's that will always watch us silently.It's magical,isn't it?They know everything...things we never say,or do.Things we want to say and do,but we are afraid..they always know..it's us that can't see what we really want..."

Lills had never opened up to someone before,but with this guy,it felt as if she could tell him everything.As if it was meant for them to meet.Maybe they could listen to each other's thoughts.Read each other's minds.Because it seemed as if one completed the other.Two different puzzle pieces,that when joined,created the same picture.They were different,yet the same.She was a Slytherin,he was a Hufflepuff.He played the piano,she played the violin.She was a pureblood,and he was a muggleborn.But if you put those worthless differences aside,you got two young people,understanding each other more than the world itself could understand them.And for Lillian,that meant a lot.And once she was given the chance,she wouldn't let go.Not now,not ever.

"You don't need to say anything" he began,
"I did hear you that is true. I just didn't want to say anything for your sake. But you brought it up and I hope you don't mind that I heard. As for your other comment... well..."

Lillian raised an eyebrow at him,urging him to go on.She knew he had more to say,and she was here to listen to him.She wanted to know what he felt,before she took another step.Maybe their ways had to part,but in all truth,Lillian never wanted them to part.

"I don't believe in stereotypes, though some seem to follow them willingly. Truth is Lillian, my heart went out to you when I heard you say that... and well I know you are different. That is what makes you unique"

Lillian's eyes shone with shock.He was the first person calling her unique,and Lillian felt deeply touched.They weren't just sweet words.They were words that touched her soul.Not just her mind.Luca was so different from others,and Lillian,for once,didn't feel alone.She knew that she had Luca.A person that was unique,just like her.
Taking her eyes from his for a second,she looked at his hand on her shoulder,but he quickly pulled back,making her sigh and pout a little.Maybe she had thought wrong..maybe...maybe it wasn't meant to be.But could she be that wrong?Could her heart really lie to her?

"I must say though, I find it hard to believe you have no friends but the stars. You seem to wonderful not to have them"

Lillian could feel her cheek redden as she suddenly felt hot.Luca had just complimented her and she had no idea what to say.She opened her mouth a couple of times,but no words came out,and she ended up looking like a fish.
Once his eyes met her icy blue ones,Lillian finally found the strength to talk.
"W-Wonderful?N-No..you're wrong...I am not...You are the one who's wonderful.You just..know what to say to make someone happy when he needs it..You are...extremely unique and I..I feel.."
Lillian didn't know what to say.She was breathing hard,staring into the boy's eyes,trying to find the right words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:34 pm

He listened as if she spoke of the stars almost as though she truly knew them. He noticed when he abruptly pulled his hand away the evident pout. Was it that she liked his touch? Was it that she liked him? Surely not.....

From the corner of his eyes he noticed her mouth trying to find words and yet nothing came out. Her lips moved but no words. It wasn't until he faced her looking into her eyes that she managed to speak or rather stutter. Him? Wonderful? Unique? Far from it though he couldn't help but feel touched by the innocence she thought of him.
"that is sweet of you to say..." he began and as he went to go on he goin himself listening as she instead continued to speak.
"I... I feel..."
What was it that she felt? Could it be?

He felt an un-easiness wash over him. His guts wrenched and he found himself wanting to hold her. Heck would all girls have this seductive power over him? He didn't know what to do let alone say. An alarming silence fell between the two and he managed to finally speak.
"you feel like its meant to be?"
He said slowly closing the gap between them. He was inches from her lips and his nose almost touching hers. He looked down to her and wore he knew it found himself kissing the girl.

When he opened his eyes he smiled then it was as if something registered in him. What if she didn't want this? He quickly pulled back holding her face in his large hands then letting go.
"I'm er sorry" he stumbled out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:45 am

Lillian was lost.She wanted to say something,yet she didn't know what that was.She didn't know what to do.There were so many feelings,and so many questions in her head.The tension visible between the two of them,but it all somehow fit.Just a touch of his could make her tremble for him,and she didn't know why.One look.That's all it took for her to get lost and start stuttering.Yet,he still was smiling at her,never letting her be sad.

"that is sweet of you to say..."

Lillian smiled and hid her face in her long blonde hair,biting her lip softly.How did they come to this?They barely knew each other,yet,they seemed to know each other better than anyone.Something like soul mates.The completed each other,in every way,but they were too blind to see it.Maybe she should do something to make him understand.Maybe she just had to make the first move and see where this was going.But she was afraid.Afraid of being rejected once again.
There was a dead silence between them.Only their breathing could be heard.They didn't walk.Their eyes did all the talking.And it seemed like an eternity until Luca decided to break the silence,only to surprised her once more.

"you feel like its meant to be?"

But before she could nod,or react in any way,he had closed the gap between them slowly,capturing her mouth in a soft yet demanding kiss,leaving him breathless.Her eyes went to his chest,pulling him closer,needing to feel more of him.This was crazy,yet she loved it.Maybe she was going mad.Maybe they were both mad.But madness had never been that sweet.
When he pulled back with a smile,Lillian was breathless,biting her lip in anticipation.Though when his hands fell from her face and his smile disappeared,Lillian was confused.A frown came up and she tried to look into his eyes,searching for an answer.

"I'm er sorry"

Sorry?That's what he had to say?The guy had caught her talking to the stars,then proved that he understood her more than anyone,and completely took her breath away,capturing her soul with just a few words and a simple touch and he was sorry about it?
Lillian felt frustrated,and a little angry even.No.She wasn't sorry.And he wasn't either.Gathering up all her strength and courage,Lillian grabbed his chin,making him face her.A determined look was on her face,showing that this was not over.It had just begun.

"Sorry?Is this really what you want to say?Is this really what you feel?Because I believe you're not sorry.And I can promise you I am not sorry either."
Lillian grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down to her once more,capturing his lips in a fierce kiss this time.The shyness was washed away,and for once,she stopped thinking.
She didn't care that he was a Hufflepuff and she was a Slytherin.She didn't care whether he liked her or not.She didn't care what people would think.And she certainly didn't care that she was kissing someone she barely even knew,with no reason in particular.For once,she was doing what she wanted.No rules.No musts.No nothing.

"What are we doing?"she whispered against his lips,kissing him even more.Her hands were tugging on his shirt,wanting to pull him even closer.She wished she could stay like this forever.She wished she could pause this moment and live it again and again.She didn't want to think ever again.She just wanted to kiss this stranger,that made her feel so beautifully unique.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:28 am

"Sorry? Is this really what you want to say?Is this really what you feel? Because I believe you're not sorry. And I can promise you I am not sorry either."

Luca tugged at his collar not really knowing what to say and pushed his hand through his hair.
"well..." he didn't know what to say. All he knew was that the kiss lingered on his lips left him wanting and yearning for more. He wasn't sorry. Of course he wasn't. Wait. Did she just say she wasn't sorry either? Before he could even open his mouth to say anything he saw as her eyes looked at his lips and before he knew it Lillian had grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down to her once more,capturing his lips in a fierce kiss this time. It had taken him by surprise and he couldnt believe she had kissed him back. And there was fire in it he had not experienced before.

She pulled away slightly whispering against his ear.
"what are we doing?" she asked before pulling him in for a kiss once more. This time he was ready for it and pulled her in closer pressing his lips hard against her own.
"i..." he couldn't find the words he was so lost in the moment.
Instead he slipped one hand around her waist while with the other hand he Brushed through her hair.
"whatever it is... Im loving this" he said pulling her in once more slightly deepening the kiss.

After a while he pulled away hugging her. He sat down on the ground taking her hand pulling her down with hin and lying on his back looking at the sky. He wrapped an arm around her kissing her forehead before looking up to the sky. It was a perfect night.
"whats your favorite star?" he asked looking at them. He wanted to know more about her. As much as he could.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Lillian loved this.She didn't know where this had come from and why,but she loved it,and she wouldn't stop it.She wanted this as much as he did,and thinking was the last thing she wanted to do.Acting was what mattered at the time,and her lips brushing wildly against his was what she was interested in at the moment.There was no one else.Just the two of them.And Lillian liked to think of it that way.Because when they left this room,they wouldn't have to hide what happened in here,or meet in secret and pretend they hated each other,just so they could blend in with the rest.But knowing life,that would be exactly what they would be doing,if they decided that this should continue.

She didn't know if she was in love.She doubted that.But she had never been in love either to know whether she was right or wrong.So she decided just to forget this,until they had to discuss about it.But at the time,she was good just by thinking that this was simply need.After all,they were both teenagers,and they're hormones were going crazy.Maybe it was just a reaction to their need.His hand slipped around her waist,pulling her closer and making her let out a soft moan.
"whatever it is... Im loving this"
"Shh...don't talk..just kiss me..",she murmured,shutting him up once again with a kiss.

As soon as they parted,Lillian giggled softly as he pulled her down into his arms.She felt like a child being in his arms,and closed her eyes,placing her head on his chest,and listening to his steady heartbeat.She felt calm.
"whats your favorite star?"
Lillian shrugged softly and snuggled up with him,staring up at the sky.The start were shining brighter than before it seemed,as if they were happy with what they were seeing down here.
"I don't know..I guess I do not have one..What about you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:13 am

It was strange. He had only just met this girl and here they had been kissing. What would people think?! thank goodness no one came to the owlery at this time of night.
"I can't seem to decide between Deneb... the flying swan"
he said pointing to where this swan was located as the top of the northern star
"Or Altair.. the flying eagle"
this time he pointed to the side of the constellation Deneb.
"The great thing is when these two starts conjoin along with the constellation above them called Vega they make one beautiful constellation called the summer triangle. But I must say, it is when these two birds are apart that I love them" he added.

he didn't quite know how he knew all this, though one thing was for sure. He must be listening during astronomy class. But he did also spend hours looking up at the sky.
It was odd but as he held her there he kept picturing another girl and mentally he shook the image from his mind. Why was he thinking of his friend of all people! and at a time like this!!!!!!
He hoped she didn't notice the look on his face and instead offered her a warm smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open   Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different Isn't Bad.Different Is Unique. ~ Open

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1