Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

Upside Down (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Upside Down (open) Empty
PostSubject: Upside Down (open)   Upside Down (open) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:59 am

Parker was sure if his mother could see him now she would scold him. His uniform was a mess. Shirt tail untucked showing from beneath his sweater. Pants rumpled as if they been put on after being on the floor for a week. Shoes scuffed and untied which she would say were trip hazards. Parker didn't like the pinchy hard leather shoes. He wanted his keds back.

Running his hands through his literal wind blown hair, winced when his fingers got snarled. Eyes still wide with blown pupils looking even larger behind his glasses. He'd had his first flying lesson and wasn't sure if he wanted another. It had been both thrilling and terrifying! Much like a rollercoaster. A rollercoaster without a harness.

Parker had been excited but skeptical about the flying. He'd thought it was required to fly unless you were David Copperfield or David Blane. It was in all the stories. The broom flying. That was for witches though. You did read about Merlin, Rasputin, Gandolf, he was pretty sure Gargamel didn't use a broom. Now he saw why.

Trying to get his breathing back under control he put a hand to his chest. "I think I'm having a heart attack! Can kids get heart attacks?"
Back to top Go down

Upside Down (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down (open)   Upside Down (open) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:52 am

Jaeden pouted everyday when she woke up only to dress in her Hogwarts uniform. The young witch didn't much like having to look like everyone else, and uniformity was very much not her thing. She had tried her best to make the thing her own, but after wearing her favorite rocky and bullwinkle shirt the other day and losing ten points, the girl had stuck to the required dress code. But no one ever said anything about accessories.

The Hufflepuff had decided to wrap a thin sky blue scarf about her neck, not enough to make her uncomfortable by giving unwanted heat, but enough to make her satisfied with her outfit being somewhat different. Turning from the mirror, she caught sight of her trunk thrown open, various items of clothing strewn about from when she had been in it searching for the scarf. Jaeden knew she were already running late to the one lesson she had been looking forward to and she still needed to slip on her shoes.

She told herself she would deal with her mess later and made her way through the common room hoping around on one foot as she pulled her shoes on until she finally had tied both onto her feet and races toward the outdoors. The young witch was too excited to care that she shouldn't be running in the halls, and thankfully made it out the oak front doors and onto the grounds without running into one of those older people who could take points for such conduct.

Heading straight for the Quidditch pitch where she would finally be learning how to fly, Jaeden ran full speed until she was coming up on her classmates who had actually managed to be on time for the lesson. She spotted Parker and ran directly to the spot next to him, but she hadn't accounted for how fast she was going. When the Hufflepuff tried to put the breaks on, her momentum had the top half of her body continuing on forward, and with such force it dragged her bottom half for the ride, ending up with the girl doing a sort of somersault through the air and over the broom she was supposed to be learning how to fly on.

Now on her back, and winded, she caught her friend's words and look and combined with her own stunt the witch dissolved into laughter as she laid on her back in the pitch. After about a minute she gathered herself enough to get back on her feet, rubbing her bum from the fall and thankful she had slipped on her black leggings with neon yellow stars on them at the last minute prior to making her way there. Jaeden continued to chuckle at her friend's look as she gathered up the broom, her excitement showing through her brown eyes. She did tilt her head though, considering his worry and question absently. "I think in Africa they can." She stated somewhat seriously, or as serious as Jaeden ever was. She looked at him questioningly. "Are you African?"
Back to top Go down

Upside Down (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down (open)   Upside Down (open) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:01 am

You would think that Parker would have realized when one of his friends had been missing. The boy's excuse was of course the excitement and nervousness of his first flying lesson. He'd remembered Jaeden mentioning flying when they were on the train. Even knowing she wouldn't miss this class he had failed to notice absence. Which he should have seen since hus friend was very unique.

Blinking owlishly at the girl he shook his head. "I don't think so. I know sometimes its hard to tell but you'd think a parent would tell their child wouldn't you?"

Giving his hair up as a lost cause until he found a comb, Parker realized that Jaeden helped a bit. His heart wasn't doing its flippy-flappy thing anymore. Confused he asked, "We're not in Africa. If it only happens there we should be safe....right?"

He was a bit unsure about things like that. Amd you never knew if it was right. Grown ups said funny things sometimes. It took him ages to get rid of his hiccups once. His mom had said he'd eaten too fast while grampa said it was because Parker was excited. Parker thought they were both wrong and that you got them sometimes. He learned a lot about what didn't cure hiccups. Drinking water, holding his breath, trying to scare him, standing upside down and drinking water. Not a fun day.
Back to top Go down

Upside Down (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down (open)   Upside Down (open) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Jaeden considered her friend's question rather seriously. "Weeeeeeell.." The young witch started, drawing out the word as she cocked her head thoughtfully in the opposite direction as she had first tilted it. "It's true that we're not in Africa. But if you don't know you're not African, maybe it's still possible?" Jaeden ended in a questioning tone, as if she were really just thinking aloud.

She did this often, which led to many an interesting discussion within her family and friends back home, because her mind was clouded in an impossible imagination that included things like pigs that could throw up rainbows and chipmunks that could tap dance. It was an impossible imagination because she both believed these things to the point that no one could tell her otherwise, and that it really didn't know any bounds.

She shrugged at Parker, too excited to really give in to his concern for himself. Jaeden was sure that if he were having a heart attack, they would know so instead of just standing around talking about it. Then again, she wasn't any doctor. But she said as much to keep the other Hufflepuff from worrying himself into one prematurely. "I'm pretty sure you're not having one though. I think if you were you'd be flopping around on the ground like a fish out of water." Jaeden gave him a superior nod, as if everyone knew this, and not as if she were merely guessing such a thing.

Thinking her friend could use a distraction from his odd worries of heart attacks, the girl grinned at him. "Hey!! I've got an idea!! Let me hypnotize you!!" Jaeden exclaimed, bouncing over to him in her anticipation. He couldn't possibly say no. And if he did, well, she'd just do it anyways.
Back to top Go down

Upside Down (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down (open)   Upside Down (open) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:48 pm

"I guess so," Parker admitted. This was why he liked Jae. She was smart and strange and just knew how to explain things. When she got to the part about the flailing his eyes grew wide before he grew concerned and puzzled. "But how do you know that? I've never seen a heart attack. What if they just keel over?"

Not that he knew for sure. For all Parker knew, his friend could be absolutely right. Since he wasn't on the ground it meant he wasn't having a heartattack, or Jae was wrong. He was hoping for Jae being right.

"What?" She wanted to do what? Have they had a class on that yet? Eager he grinned back at his friend. "Okay! Just don't make me do anything too embarrassing. Please?"
Back to top Go down

Upside Down (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down (open)   Upside Down (open) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 1:05 am

Jaeden grinned enthusiastically and bounced on her toes in her excitement when Parker agreed to her antics. It was one of her favorite things about having the other Hufflepuff as a friend. He humoresque her way too much. The girl absently wondered if this was a sort of treatment she could become spoiled with, but was too excited to really think on it.

The brunette rolled her eyes at her friend, but grinned nonetheless. "Of course not!! She exclaimed, looking properly offended, before a smirk-like grin took presence on her lips. "Nothing too embarrassing. Scouts honor." Jae promised him, nodding her head to reinforce that statement. Of course, she had no intent of truly hypnotizing him. She hadn't been to that lesson yet.

Forcing herself to stand still for once, Jaeden calmed enough to give directions. "Ok!! Now. Follow my hand with yours eyes." She commanded in her best serious tone, holding her hand up with fingers extended towards his face and moving it in a circular motion. Jaeden desperately tried to maintain her look of concentration and not break down into giggles as she continued to rotate her hand, moving it slowly yet surely closer to his face. "You are getting sleeeeeeeepy." She said comically, drawing out the words to sound like the magicians one might see on the tube. And then, out of nowhere, her hand flashed forward to numb him on the forehead, though not enough to hurt him. "Boink!!" The girl exclaimed, her giggles bursting forth at the look on her friend's face.
Back to top Go down

Upside Down (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down (open)   Upside Down (open) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 4:41 am

Parker was a bit gullible. He knew that. Yet he was learning and one thing he learned was that when his friend smiled like that... He should worry. A tiny bit. So it was with mostly trust because Jae had promised, Parker followed her hand. Was it really as easy as that? The whole 'follow my finger, watch, pen, whatever' thing? Maybe you had to have magic to make it work? Because Robbie tried that on their cousin before and nothing happened.

Eyes nearly crossing as his head moved back instinctively, Parker was confused. Nothing was happening yet. Maybe Jae was doing it wrong? When he got bonked on the head he frowned but then fell as if she'd hit him harder, eyes rolling back into his head. Having done the same thing to his brother before Parker knew how to barely breathe. It had scared Robbie enough he called for their mother. Who had yelled at both of them when she'd learned it was a trick. Parker hadn't enjoyed the next month too well.
Back to top Go down

Upside Down (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down (open)   Upside Down (open) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Jaeden's initial reaction was to giggle as she smacked her friend lightly on the head, and then to all out laugh at his theatrical falling backward onto the ground. Her laughs died quickly and we're more hesitant when she noticed Parker's eyes roll back into his head, and she judged his leg with her foot. "Parker?"

The young witch glanced around, before returning her gaze to her fallen friend and rolling her dark eyes at his form. "C'mon Parker, stop fooling around!" Jae's tone was more exasperated than anything, but there was no mistaking the alarm creeping up into it when her eyes noticed that there was no rise and fall to his chest which would signal his breathing.

Eyes widening until they resembled saucers, Jaeden dropped to her knees next to the boy and shook him none to gently, paranoia overtaking her as she thought maybe she had killed the boy. "Parker!! This isn't funny!! If you die I'll kill you!!" She threatened unintelligibly yet comically, shaking the boy harder and yelling at him in an anxious voice. The idea of getting the professor not even occurring to her, her fear was so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Upside Down (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down (open)   Upside Down (open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upside Down (open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1