Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

Male Bonding (Blaise)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Male Bonding (Blaise) Empty
PostSubject: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 pm

The second week of school was treating Draco like utter hell and it wasn’t even over yet. He didn’t know how he was going to get through the year at the rate he was going, especially considering all the questions that were swimming through his head. So far, he’d pretty much decided not to believe anything he had based his life upon for the first sixteen years of it, and that wasn’t even the biggest decision he’d made! He was dating a girl who was related to the man he seemed most likely to turn his back on, despite that man being one of the most powerful dark wizards the world had ever known.

Then there was the simple fact that he didn’t want to be himself anymore. Well, he wanted to be himself, but not the Draco that the world thought he was. It was all so confusing. The man he hid inside was fighting for dominance over the prat he’d pretended for so long to be, and it was oddly satisfying to be the man he was within.

Draco was so overwhelmed with it all that he’d virtually stopped getting any real sleep and bags were starting to develop under his bloodshot eyes. He desperately needed to speak to someone about how he might live his life a bit easier while dwelling in the snake pit, but he didn’t know who the hell to turn to. He’d already talked to his godfather about some of his problems, but the man just didn’t understand some things. No, Draco needed a peer.

And then the idea struck him. Zabini. He’d always been out of the conversation when the other members of their year talked about future Death Eater plans and the like. It seemed obvious to Draco now that the boy had never been interested in it. He’d kept quiet to avoid unnecessary attention over his views, but still… He had managed neutrality in this den of poison and darkness! Surely he might have some advice for the blonde. And he most likely wouldn’t care enough to rat on Draco, especially because Draco could probably convince everyone that Blaise was lying, since Draco had power in the house.

Thus, Draco remained in the dorm after the other boys vacated, while Blaise was still gathering his things for the day. The blonde closed the door and cast a silencing spell over it so that prying ears might not hear what he was about to confess, then turned to the dark skinned male and ran a hand through his platinum hair.

”I need your help, Zabini,” he said, jumping straight to the point. ”But first to confirm something. Whose side are you on in this whole war thing?” As long as Blaise wasn’t on the Dark Lord’s team, Draco was safe. He hoped that was the answer he’d get, as he waited for this confirmation so he could finally tell someone his thoughts. Perhaps it was foolish to put his faith in one he barely knew despite sharing the same quarters for over five years, but this was the only real plan Draco had. He was exhausted and desperate. If this didn’t work, Draco didn’t know what he would do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:59 am

He had been gathering his things for the day and preparing to head out with the rest of the sixth year Slytherin boys but Malfoy beat him to the door and apparently had other ideas because he remained inside the dorm and locked the door instead of opening it. Blaise was immediately suspicious and on the defensive ready to pull his wand at a moments notice should it become necessary. Whatever he had been expecting from the Malfoy heir it was not the request for help.

Whether stated as a question or not did not change the fact that it was a request and Blaise was instantly intrigued in spite of himself but still suspicious. Everyone knew who Draco's father was and more importantly what he was and this could just as easily be a trap as anything else. In fact that was far more likely than Malfoy actually asking for help.

But he had watched the blonde he had shared a dorm with for five years now from afar as he did most people and there were a lot of changes in him that would make a person wonder where the Malfoy heir's own loyalties lay. The reason for these changes was not hard to figure out and it was a spot of jealousy for the dark skinned wizard. As far fetched and idiotic as it was he wanted a girl like that or perhaps he wanted that specific girl. He did not know but he was going to figure it out. For the time being he gazed at the blonde with an unreadable expression. "I think we both know the answer to that Malfoy." Blaise was the king of neutrality and performed it very well making him quite good at playing both sides when it was necessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:27 pm

He didn’t know what he was expecting but Draco couldn’t really argue with the dark boy’s reply. ”I should have known you’d give less than a real answer,” he muttered, shaking his head as he sat on his bed which happened to be position beside that of Blaise. The blonde ran his hands through his hair before looking at the other boy with pleading eyes. Draco never begged, and yet he felt like he would in this situation, just to get a better idea of how to handle things.

”Alright. You’re smart, I’ll give you that. I need some advice as far as existing amongst those loyal to certain sides when you yourself are… well, not.” Ringing his hands in his lap, Draco felt that he had just stated his purpose in a very confusing way. His own brain was spinning, and he knew what he was trying to say!

He rubbed his sweaty palms on black slacks before letting out a sigh of frustration and growling. ”Oh screw it! I bloody can’t stand it anymore. I don’t know what I believe in and I’m questioning every damned thing I’ve ever been told and if I have to hand my girlfriend over to the bloody monster that I still have to serve again I’ll bloody kill myself!” It was fair to say Draco had exploded, but he couldn’t hold it in anymore. All the stress of the recent events was catching up to him and he seriously needed to figure out what options he had.

With eyes narrowed in anger at the whole situation, and even more so at himself and his inability to grow a damn spine, Draco gripped his temples and screamed. ”So if you aren’t really ‘neutral’ or whatever, you can go turn me in now. I’d appreciate a warning so I can take myself out rather than letting the snake-man do it, though I don’t expect it.” His voice was low and a bit sad. If Blaise was actually in line with the Death Eaters, Draco had just sealed his fate. If he wasn’t, well, hopefully he’d have a good idea, because Draco was definitely out of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:12 pm

"Well you don't accomplish it by being an overdramatic witch." Blaise deadpanned, still suspicious of the blonde wizard. All purebloods were entirely too good of actors to be trusted and among the best we're the Malfoys. He would have to tread carefully and be aware of everything he said and any hidden meanings they could have. Blaise was not going to let his gaurd down because Draco Malfoy seemed to be having some sort mental breakdown.

"What you do, Malfoy, is entirely your own choice and your own problem. I suppose it is lucky for you, however, that I answer to none but myself, and therefore have no intention of turning you in to anyone." The dark skinned wizard chose his words carefully and delivered them with a prideful tone and mocking sneer. Blaise obviously considered the Malfoy heir to be beneath his as well and did so primarily because of the servitude the Malfoys landed themselves in with the Dark Lord.

"As for what you ask of me, it would be impossible for you to be nuetral after the years you have proclaimed allegiance to the Dark Lord, and especially given who and what your father is. You would be nothing more than a traitor at best." Blaise stated simply as if if this should be obvious. "You really did yourself a disservice, all that egotistical boasting. You should have thought about this long before it came to pass."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Draco had to bite his tongue rather hard to keep from swearing at the boy before him. He knew he had screwed everything up when he was an idiot kid! If he had thought this would be easy, he wouldn’t have come asking for help! His growl was audible and his sneer rather ugly as he glared at the male who’d known him as long as their wealthy pureblooded families had been attending the same pompous parties. The blonde gripped his own thighs hard enough to bruise as he tried to calm his raging temper.

”You think I don’t know that?” he practically yelled, grey eyes wide with his rage and a hint of fear. ”I’m going to choose a side, dammit, but I need to know how the hell to survive here once I do! It’s not exactly going to be easy to hide it when I turn my back on the bloody Dark Lord, since I’ll be on his list right up alongside Potter at that point I’m sure.” Draco still wasn’t sure why he wasn’t supposed to touch Potter, but he was sure the Dark Lord still had a target over the boy’s heart, and he knew for a fact that the snake-faced man didn’t take kindly to ‘loyal’ followers turning tail.

If Draco had to constantly worry about his housemates killing him along with the Dark Lord, his life would surely be shortened significantly. This was why he needed Blaise. ”I’m trusting you with a lot, I hope you realize,” he commented with a hiss. It was true, but what other choice did he really have? ”So how do I survive this year in the snake pit, hmm? Enlighten me, oh wise one.” The sarcasm was calming him slightly, but he knew this was still one of the most important conversations he would have this year. It might determine just how long the young Malfoy managed to live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:49 pm

How had he gotten mixed up in the problems and life of Draco Malfoy? Oh right. The universe seemed to think Blaise had nothing better to do than to assist the Malfoy heir in surviving. Personally, the dark skinned wizard thought it served the blonde right for all his years of high and mighty haughtiness. But if truth be told, all purebloods were like that. The difference between the others and Blaise was that he was consistent, and he was rarely a hypocrite. Even in the face of those he did not like, Blaise had manners, and some courtesy. The same could not be said for most of the Slytherins, especially the one who now asked for his help.

"You play things close to the chest." Blaise finally responded in a bored voice. "You do not announce your change in loyalty until it is absolutely necessary, and you continue to rule the house with an iron fist as you always have." He said this as though it were the obvious route to take. "You're Malfoy. No one has ever dared to question or doubt you before. As long as you do not let them dare do it now you will be fine."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Draco sighed and stared at the boy before him, shaking his head rather sadly. "That would be fine advice if it weren't for the crazed pug running around soiling my name and trying to curse the damned castle to the ground." He almost grinned at the thought of Pansy freaking out so badly, but the thought of all the trouble she was capable of causing sobered him quickly.

"So your idea pretty much works, if Parkinson is out of the picture. So I have to ask another question. Will you help me make that happen?" Draco was relatively sure that the pug annoyed Blaise as much as she did anyone else. Maybe that would entice him to assist Draco and Skyler in their plot to bring the bint down. He was carefully considering how much he could trust the boy before him, but Draco was relatively sure that that was a great deal. After all, the blonde could end up being a key ally if he really did make it to the light side, or whatever his goal was. Being neutral was generally easier with allies on both sides, as far as Draco knew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:05 pm

If the mention of Pansy Parkinson surprised Blaise, he didn't let it show. He had heard about an altercation between her and and Draco the first night back in the castle down in the common room. Thankfully, Blaise himself had been spared any aftermath from that. He did well keeping to himself, and he did it for many reasons, one of which being he skipped out on the drama he could definitely live without. And Pansy Parkinson was more drama and shrieking than she was worth. He had also heard rumors of the escalating war ensuing between her and Draco's current love interest.

The dark skinned wizard could not think of one person in their house, or the school, when he really thought on it, that would miss Pansy. But how did Malfoy expect to get her so fully out of the picture? And why should Blaise help him do it? This all ran through his mind in quick succession, and the look on his face never changed from the mild curiosity/bored one it had been. "Why ask me?"

He settled for direct in this case. Blaise didn't much feel like sifting through words to find the hidden meaning when he was sure Draco was desperate enough to be straight as an arrow for once so he figured he could afford to be direct in this discussion now. "And how are you proposing to get her out of the picture?" He could not stop the last question and did not quite care to. Pansy Parkinson was a waste of magic. Point blank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:54 pm

”Obviously I am asking you because I find you best for the job,” the blonde stated simply, as if it was common knowledge. ”You are a mastermind at manipulation and stealth. That’s what I need right now. And I need someone else who can appreciate just how useless the pug really is.” He smirked at his classmate, knowing he would understand just what Draco meant.

The question of what they would do to take Parkinson out had him stumped, however, and he felt rather foolish for having no answer to give Zabini. ”Well, I was hoping you might assist me with that part…” he muttered, running a hand through his messy hair and sighing. ”I’ve never been much for planning subtle attacks, after all.” Hopefully complimenting the dark-skinned boy would convince him to help Draco come up with some sort of foolproof plan. If not, well, he could always try and convince the ‘dark lord’ to kill the pug. He seemed to still enjoy killing things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:48 am

A very unpureblood like snort escaped Blaise and he looked surprised at himself for it but gracefully shrugged it off. He supposed he could let some things slide when in Draco's presence considering what they were discussing. "Not that I don't enjoy being called a genius, because I am, I just find it ironic that you and Pansy came to the same person for help."

He felt no remorse for giving away Pansy's plans because Blaise could not tolerate her anymore than Draco seemed to. She really was useless and pathetic, especially for a pureblood. "Have you considered letting things just play out? Pansy will end up doing more harm to herself than anyone else in the end. She may just manage to take herself out of the picture."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:48 am

So, Pansy was trying to recruit people to her team as well. It didn’t really surprise Draco, though the fact that she would approach Blaise was a slight shock. It seemed obvious to the blonde that the Italian had always looked at the pug with distaste, so he wondered just how blind she was to others’ opinions of her. Obviously Pansy thought she was a bloody princess in everyone’s eyes, even when they made it clear that she wasn’t.

”That’s probably true, but if she makes any moves toward Skyler I’m going to have to take her out,” he said simply. Draco hoped Blaise would support him if it did come to that, but for now he would do as his peer suggested and let the pug destroy herself. He had enough to worry about dealing with his allegiance and the need to develop new alliances. Perhaps Sky could help him out a bit more than Zabini.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:30 pm

There came a point in every man's life when a choice had to be made between doing what was right, and doing what was easy. The dark skinned wizard was sure he was rapidly approaching that time in his life. Blaise knew he was probably a little crazy for thinking he could stay neutral for much longer given he was a pureblood when in the end he was gazing at what would most likely be his future. He sighed heavily and his shoulders lifted and fell in a casual shrug. "You should stay out of it completely."

That was his opinion but he knew he would have to explain because Draco was too stressed to see it right away, and because Blaise would have to explain in order to get a confirmation on what he was sure he knew was the truth based on what Draco had divulged so far. He was aware with as open as the blonde was being he could simply ask directly but years of acting on the subtle side was a hard habit to break. "The Dark Lord will have Pansy's head for any future problems she causes his younger relative. Maybe you should remind her of just who exactly she is messing with."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Draco wondered where Blaise's loyalties would eventually lie, but that was not a question for right now. He listened to the boy's words and nodded curtly at the advice. It was true. If he reminded the pug who she was dealing with by messing with Skyler, he could probably deter her from too much further damage. This was why he had gone to Zabini. His fellow snake knew how to keep cool under pressure.

"Good point. A little reminder would serve Parkinson well, I think," he muttered, gathering his bag and books for the day and taking down the wards he'd set before their conversation. "Thanks for the advice, Zabini," he said with a nod and a grin, leading the way to the door and holding it for the other boy. "We'll be in touch, I'm sure."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Following suit and grabbing his own bag and bags he would need for the day of classes ahead Blaise didn't look surprised at the confirmation he had been looking for. He had to shake his head with a slight grin forming on his face though. Draco was dating the only known relative of the Dark Lord's. It was no wonder he was so stressed and on edge and Blaise was sure anyone would be but for the first time he was impressed with the blonde wizard. The dark skinned wizard could not deny that it was a smart move to snatch the girl. "Anytime Draco. Only, next time, you might want to give me some advance warning prior to you having your meltdown." Blaise's tone was still bored but there was definitely a small amount of humor there as well as he passed the blonde on his way out the door shouldering him in a friendly matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Male Bonding (Blaise)   Male Bonding (Blaise) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Male Bonding (Blaise)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1