Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

Skipping life <open>

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Skipping life <open> Empty
PostSubject: Skipping life <open>   Skipping life <open> Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:57 pm

There were only ever two people in the entire bloody castle he had pretty much been glued to every day for the duration of every school year. Minus that time in fourth year. Now in his sixth year, Ron found himself more or less the proverbial loner. He wanted to just spend time with his friends, hang out, have fun. Only these days, they were both so completely scarce it was hard to even catch them with a moment to spare, and when they did get together it was all business and no play, and Harry had drifted so far from him that Ron had been reduced to glaring death at his younger sister who had seemed to take his place at Harry's side.

Life was a mess these days, and the red head had considered every possible way to make it less...well...messy, but he was short on the ideas. Typically that was Hermione's job. Ron thought that maybe that was the problem. He didn't bring much to the table like everyone else did. He didn't know anything aside from that he wanted to be at his best mates side and his best mate was making it near impossible. It was a never ending circle and Ron was tired of it and thought maybe he should just quit worrying and just be there for whenever Harry needed him.

With this new resolution towards the situation Ron had quit glaring death at his sister everytime she were around and defended her when she wasn't. It wasn't Gin's fault Harry was relying more on her than him and if that were anyone's fault it was his own. He also took his opportunities of loneliness to think of different strategies that might be useful to Harry. So for the most part the red head spent his time alone which oddly enough he didn't mind too much once he got used to it. There were some upsides like he was for once not behind with his schoolwork and he had actually learned his way around the library.

"Who am I kidding. This is shite." Ron grumbled aloud and tossed another rock watching it skip over the water's surface a food three times before it sank. "I've been reduced to skipping rocks. Merlin's saggy y-fronts I'm a bloody loner."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skipping life <open>   Skipping life <open> Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:20 am

Lost.That was a good word to describe how the blond Slytherin girl felt.She was never one to be accepted among the snakes,and she had to admit,it took her quite a while to finally understand that her tries to befriend them were in vain.They didn't like her,and it was obvious.
Though she could not understand how they could push her away,but keep that Parkninson girl.
Guess sluts get better treatment..,she thought as she made her way out of the caste,mad at herself once again.

After giving up on trying to become a decent Slytherin,as they said,she tried getting some real friends,but that didn't went well either.That Hufflepuff guy she had met was actually attracted to someone else,and she knew that very well,so she just..stayed away.His twin sister had kind of tried to make fun of her,and had to mention that incident in front of that git,Ramellien,and make her choke on her drink.What followed was not nice,since storming out of the store was all she could remember.She was angry as hell,and Ramellien had a very satisfying evening.

"This is just getting worse...",she mumbled on her way down a corridor,before getting outside,and making her way out in the Grounds.She was tempted to go to the Forbidden Forest,but her mood wasn't good enough.She would end up lost and cursing at herself,and probably found in the morning,which would follow with her being expelled.And that was not what she was planning to do.

Making her way towards the Black Lake,the Danish Fifth Year stopped in her tracks at the hearing of a voice.She looked closely to see that it was that Weasley boy she had stumbled upon,and their last meet was not a very peasant one.
Getting closer she cocked her head to the side and leaned against a tree.

"I've been reduced to skipping rocks. Merlin's saggy y-fronts I'm a bloody loner."

"We are what we make ourselves be.."
She walked over to him and shrugged,putting a sad smile on."At least that's what I've been taught..."
She sighed and turned her gaze up at the sky,blinking a couple of times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skipping life <open>   Skipping life <open> Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 3:56 pm

He heard her approaching long before she spoke, and when did speak he didn't look at her right away. Instead Ron kept his eyes on the distant horizon and took a minute to understand that nothing about this year was anything he could have expected, including those who surrounded him. He sighed and tossed another rock into the water, not bothering to watch how many skips he could get out of the thing as he turned his head a fraction to see which female had encroached on his loneliness, only to find it was the same blonde Slytherin from Honeydukes.

The boy dropped his head in an almost defeated sort of way, and suddenly his shoulders were shaking from laughter, the sound of which echoed a moment later. Shaking his head and chuckling, Ron couldn't believe that this was what his life had been reduced to. Everything about this year was topsy turvy. Even Harry and Ginny had been in favor of a particular Slytherin, which in itself was odd considering she carried the same name as their mortal enemy. "What the hell.." The red head muttered more to himself than anything, and stooped to find a couple more flat rocks, the key to success in skipping them.

"Ain't that the truth though." He agreed a little more loudly so she could hear him properly, his blue eyes still searching for the perfect rocks as he responded to her, his tone neither here nor there. He was civil enough, but that was as good as it would get when it came to Ron and Slytherins at the moment. He could follow his best mate's and his sister's lead in at least that, but six years worth of rivalry was not going to go away in one meeting. "Is there any particular reason you seem to run into me a lot?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skipping life <open>   Skipping life <open> Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Lillian hadn't intended on running into Weasley, once again, but she couldn't say she was angry or sad about it. She knew he was a Gryffindor, and a very passionate one too, but hating him for that resolved to nothing. Fighting was not the key here, and she knew that very well. Just the way she knew that he wasn't actually paying attention to her, but that would be the least thing Weasley would do. Paying attention to a Slytherin was not a part of his life.

But to her surprise, he was way more civil than their last encounter. When they had bumped into each other, it was not her fault, but she took the blame on her just to prevent a fight, but Weasley had to be the arrogant, self-centered lion he always were, and start snapping at her as if she had planned that.
She wanted to kill him then, but now that he was calmer and more... lost, he seemed like a whole other person. Maybe, lions weren't as bad after all. And Harry was the first person to prove that.

She heard him mumble something that she didn't quite catch, because she was too lost staring at the sky, but she did hear his next words. "Ain't that the truth though."
"Most people believe so... but I was never one to follow people's beliefs. I decide for my life... and I do not let stereotypes, or anything else stand in my way."
She gave him a small smile, as if to prove that she had come here, not as a friend, but as an acquaintance, someone could say, and that she had no intention of fighting or accusing. She was here to calm down. But from what it seemed, he was too lost to pay attention to her.

The blonde girl started looking around for rocks to give him, since he was too busy finding those than talk to her, and maybe that would be an opening for a conversation, but he made a move and talked first. "Is there any particular reason you seem to run into me a lot?"
That drew a laugh out of the girl and she laid back on the grass, placing a few rocks next to him.
"I don't know... Is it?" She smirked at him and plopped on her elbows, starring at him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skipping life <open>   Skipping life <open> Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Someone had better alert the media because Ron Weasley was having a semi-civil conversation with a slytherin. The feeling that all was wrong with the world came over him again and his shoulders lifted and fell with a shrug to her words.

If he were being honest he didn't really care what she did or thought or any of that. He was a bit mind boggled that this was what his social life had come to. Usually consisting of mainly Harry and Hermione, along with his siblings and a few others, this was far from what the red head was used to and even farther from his comfort zone considering his usual interactions with snakes ended up in heated words and Ron losing complete control of his short fused temper. Something he was trying not to do now by not lashing out on the snake just because she was one.

It didn't mean he trusted anything to do with her though. She may speak a good game but that could very well be all it was. Ron sighed at the complicated mess his life was and wished not for the first time that things could just be simpler for once. He tossed a rock and watched it bounce across the surface of the lake without looking at the snake.

"In my experience snakes only come around to start trouble and to pick a fight." He replied in such a way that showed he was prepared to handle either if that was her aim. He may have taken a leaf from his sister's book and decided to at least be civil but it didn't mean he was all forgiving and forgetting the torture the house of snakes had out him and his friends through. There was too much bad blood for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skipping life <open>   Skipping life <open> Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Lillian could practically feel how tense the Weasley boy was. She understood that snakes and lions were rivals, and she could also understand how much of a lion Weasley was, but that didn't mean he had to be so tense about it.
It wasn't as if she had come here to kill him, because if that was the case, he would be dead already.

Rolling her eyes at how immature he was truly being, she laid back on the grass and closed her eyes, relaxing a little bit. If he wasn't going to play nice and talk to her, she wouldn't be begging for his attention. He was lucky she was there to brighten up that place already, yet he decided to push her away as if she wasn't there.
And that got on the blond's nerves the most.

Lillian was used to getting the attention she wanted, and this sudden change of events was making her feel unstable, therefore, making her angry. She had to get her way. She always did. And a lion wasn't going to stop her.
After all, boys were all the same. Snakes, lions, it didn't matter. They all wanted to have a woman they could have some sort of control over, to pleasure them. That was all there was to it, and she knew that Weasley was no different. It couldn't be that hard to break him, could it?

"In my experience snakes only come around to start trouble and to pick a fight."

That brought a smirk to the girl's lips and she bit her lip.
Only if you knew how right you are, the girl thought as she smirked on the inside. She didn't let anything show from her face. She couldn't give away her plans about this redhead, but she sure would have fun breaking him.
"Well, I've been here for quite a while, yet I haven't been a threat to you, or caused any trouble. I am still trying to see where your point is...?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skipping life <open>   Skipping life <open> Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skipping life <open>

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1