Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Empty
PostSubject: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Stuffing his hands in his jacket pockets he trudged out of the castle and down towards the quidditch pitch with an odd look upon his face.  A few of his housemates were trying to convince him that he needed to play but he just couldn't see himself playing.  While he would never admit it aloud he was horrible at flying and was more afraid of embarrassing himself than anything else. 

Climbing up into the stands he stood at the railing leaning and staring down at the ground below him. How could it be, people didn't die that often did they?  Shaking his head he moved backwards away from the railing the height getting to him just a bit, just one more thing he would never admit to being afraid of. 

Taking a seat on the bench he wrapped his green scarf back around his neck, it had been pointless to wear it as windy as it was but it was too late to take care of the matter now so he just chalked it up as one more thing to annoy him that afternoon. Closing his eyes to the sun, he leaned back getting comfortable figuring at the very least he could get a nap in before lunch.

Last edited by Leyton Lestrange on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Skyler Riddle

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:33 am

It was one of those days for Skyler. Everything that was currently going on seemed to just chase each other in her mind, until any normal thought seemed to be beyond the brunette. There were only two things that would help her clear her mind, and she chose the safer of the two. Which was why she could be seen headed to the quidditch pitch with her broom.

The teen didn't want to think anymore. More often than not lately it gave her a headache. Skyler had every intention of flying until everything surrounding her was left behind. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to be the only one with the idea for a fly.

It looked like a decent amount of younger years had decided to have a game of some sort, and not wanting to intrude on them or get in the way, the brunette headed to the stands to wait for a bit. The teen might've told them to just clear off, but she wasn't prepared to be that rude yet.

It was while in the stands that Sky came across Draco's older cousin, a Slytherin boy who she had never spoken to but knew by name and face. He looked to be sleeping, and the teen set down the new broom Draco had gotten her as carefully and quietly as possible. It might have been under the pretense of not disturbing him, if it weren't for the grin that lit up the girl's face.

Sitting quietly, Sky removed her wand from her riding boot and looked thoughtful for a moment. It was everyday that someone gave her such a free and easy shot, so she thought this called for something special. After a moment of consideration, the teen decided simple might be best in this situation. Muttering as quietly as possible, she waved her wand in a loop-like fashion and slowly his clothes transformed into a banana yellow onesie one would see on a baby. Not able to hold it in, Skyler burst out in laughter. "Now that's what I call a banana in pajamas!" The teen exclaimed, still snickering and eyes bright in the sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Leyton was almost asleep the warm sun on his face good enough to lull the boy but no moment ever goes unspoiled.  Hearing the shriek of laughter he opened his eyes and looked down at the yellow onesie that covered him shoulder to foot and it took every thing he had not to leap at her and tackle her.  

While the result would have been less than desired it surely would have proved his point. Narrowing his eyes he grab his wand off the bench and transformed his clothes back to normal pushing off of the bench and moving down to her level.

"Having fun are we Riddle, Malfoy not enough to keep you entertained," he asked a cold edge to his voice. Things were piling upon the oldest Lestrange and while he liked to have a lot on his plate it was beginning to become a bit much to deal with. "I will only warn you once, keep your pranks to the younger years lest a hex come your way you shall never forget." Without a second glance he turned away and headed towards the stairs to walk down to another level.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Skyler Riddle

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Skyler's amused look faded at his reaction. In her defense, atleast it had been a onesie and not something worse. She had been known to put her best friend into a diaper for Merlin's sake. It was difficult to have fun when everyone was so high strung, and it didn't look like either of the Lestrange boys had much of a sense of humor.

The brunette had come out here to have a good time and instead made a new enemy it seemed. That group of people just seemed to be getting larger by the day. Sky could only imagine the horror it would be should all of her current enemies realize they had a common goal in hating her. Life would most certainly be unbearable then.

Fortunately, the teen didn't have it in her to get angry, not managing the proper strength for it at the moment. Instead, she grabbed her broom and caught up with the older boy easily. Seeing as he was the only one around currently above the age of twelve, she didn't think it was completely a bad idea to try and make some kind of connection. Besides, Draco had said to atleast try with the Slytherins.

Falling into step next to him, she glanced up with bright purple eyes, flashing a grin at the older snake. "C'mon Lestrange. Where's your sense of humor?" The brunette attempted. "And hey, consider yourself lucky. It could've been a tutu."
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:07 pm

He almost smiled when her grin slowly slid away but he kept up the mask that almost every one saw. When he was a first year he had not a care in the world, but now all of that had changed.  Too much was on the line and he had too much he could lose.

Trying to put as much space between them he hopped down the steps only to find her matching his pace.  With a deep sigh he scowled knowing the only way to get rid of her would be to hex her, and then he would have to put up with his cousin.  It just wasn't worth the hassle. Glancing down at her he shook his head, "I don't have one any more Riddle but I'm sure you've heard that"  It was true the only thing that even brought the faintest amusement was torturing the younger years.

Turning the corner he headed back out into the sunlight and dropped back down on one of the lower benches. "Wouldn't be the worst thing I've ever been seen wearing," he says with an empty tone.  He knew he was being standoffish but he couldn't help it.  Leyton knew she needed to be kept at a distance, it was just safer for every one that way. Pointing towards the pitch he gave it a nod. "Why aren't you out there, flying with them?"
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Skyler Riddle

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Nonsense of humor? He was kidding right? Looking into the boy's face, Skyler saw that no, he was dead serious. She shuddered at just the idea. How terrible to not have a sense of humor. Laughter was good for the soul. Atleast, that's what the small brunette believed. Eyes lighting up, the teen decided to make it her personal mission to somehow get the older boy to laugh.

Not taking offense to his scowl and obvious dislike of her following him, Skyler didn't bother hiding the amused grin the spread across her lips as she dropped down onto the bench next to him. "No sense of humor? That's impossible. Everyone has one. I'm sure yours is just on vacation." Her grinned widened, eyes growing brighter at this new challenge. The brunette didn't know why it should seem so fun to try and make the serious boy before her laugh, but she was sure his scowl alone would've sent anyone else running off. Maybe she had a death wish or something, or was an adrenaline junkie and enjoyed taking part in dangerous activities.

"Really?" The teen questioned, curiosity piqued and a smirk taking place on her lips. "What exactly is the worst thing you've been seen wearing then Leyski?" Skyler tried out the nickname she was considering for him, finding it rolled off the tongue quite nicely and decided she would stick with it. "Yea. I'm definitely calling you Leyski." She grinned at him in that way that said she was determined to do just that. Well Mr. I-Don't-Have-A-Sense-Of-Humor, I bet you would've laughed if you been there to see Draco pink as bubblegum. Hair included."

The brunette smirked proudly about it, and hoped it would get the boy to laugh a little while her eyes followed his gesture to those students flying over the pitch. She shrugged gracefully at his question even as she answered. "They've got a game going. I didn't want to intrude or get in the way." She explained simply, and then, because Skyler just couldn't help herself, she added on, "Besides, if I was out there, who would be here making you smile and laugh like a little kid?" She teased the older snake lightly, offering him a wide grin.
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:18 am

It was true, no sense of humor and a temper that could one day put Bellatrix to shame but it was the price he paid for the family that he had.  The nasty heir business had put him in a mood and he was sick of listening to how his younger cousin would surpass him.  

All because his mother was a bloody veela.  Like he had any control of that.  He had plans to change his fate, once he finally met with the Dark Lord.  Leyton was ready and he knew that there would be no turning back once he ventured down that dark and lonely road.

Looking down at the girl he shook his head at her persistance.  He had to admire it but today it was just bloody annoying. "Thats what I said, or heard myself say anyway...unless I need my ears checked." Scoffing he rolled his eyes, "Must be on a permanent vacation then because I truly doubt that its come back.  Not all of get to be as carefree as you."

Kicking his feet up he raised his hand to block out the sun out of his eyes as he glanced to the pitch watching the younger years flying around. Dropping his hand he turned to face her with a seething look when she blurted out Leyski.  What exactly was wrong with this girls brain he wanted to blurt out but he kept it to himself. "Like I am going to tell you, because more than likely the whole school would know before lunch. No thank you."

Unwrapping his scarf from his neck he threw the annoying piece of clothing on to the bench beside him.  "Pretty doubtful I did that to him when we were six I think. Didn't end up so well for me, I ended up with a black eye and a busted lip," he said with a shrug. "Now if you said he was all dolled up in a pink dress that might have been a  more amusing sight to see."

Glancing back out towards the pitch he scowled as he watched them fly around.  Leyton knew they wanted an answer soon about joining and he knew they wouldnt be happy about the one they received.

"If you were out there I could be enjoying a nice siesta in the sun before lunch," he replied with a half smirk, "but I suppose your company isn't the most horrible thing in the world.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Skyler Riddle

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 1:07 pm

Skyler merely rolled her eyes at the older boy, looking out to the horizon and balancing her new broom on her knees. "I'm not nearly as carefree as I seem. I'm just as Slytherin as you. I just use a different mask." The brunette offered as a reply, the statement accompanied with a graceful shrug of her small shoulders, a slight frown on her face. The teen didn't like people judging her without knowing a thing about her. No one knew the constant war waging inside of her at all times. Just because she used grins and jokes instead of sneers and snarky remarks didn't mean she just floated through life. "A smart person knows that a smile hides more than a frown does."

The teen simply grinned unapologetically at his seething reaction to her new nickname for him, though it amused her greatly that he didn't comment or demand she not call him it. This had her eyes dancing in laughter as she put on a mock hurt look. "I'm wounded that you would think such a thing of me!!" Sky exclaimed theatrically, clutching her hands over her heart humorously. The teen snorted in amusement at the idea of her boyfriend in a pink dress. "Maybe I'll try that sometime. If I do, I'll take a picture for you. I can just imagine his face of fury going perfectly with a pink dress."

Skyler pulled a strawberry flavored lolli from her pocket and popped it into her mouth, sucking on it while she crushed the wrapper and stuffed it back in her pocket. "Well gee, thanks." She replied sarcastically, speaking around the candy in her mouth and rolling her purple eyes. The brunette leaned back, her elbows supporting her weight on the bench behind her and her legs dangling from the one she sat on. "Though I suppose I could think of worse company, so I'll take that as a compliment." She flashed a lazy grin, pulling the lolli from her mouth, licking the flavor from her lips appreciatively. "So did you come her purposefully to be alone?" She asked the older boy, cocking her head in a curious manner.
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Leyton had to admit his own mask was slipping much more than he should have let it. Too often he let things get the best of him, his anger and rage spinning out of control until he teetered on the edge.  There was too much on the line, and it would only be a matter of time until he slipped and then there would be no turning back.

"I cannot fake a smile then like you nor do I want to.  I am perfectly happy with people seeing my discontent and displeasure usually it makes people keep their distance.  However it seems you like to live life on the edge and like pushing your luck."

Reaching up he adjusted the collar of his jacket his eyes flitting back and forth between her and the pitch. "Yes well good luck with that. Hopefully he won't snap on you like he did with me.  Though you have boobs so you will probably fare better."

Letting out a deep breath he shifted around trying to get comfortable but it just wasn't happening.  Part of it had to do with the bench itself and part of it was due to who was seated beside him.

"I did. I figured even if people were up flying no one would be hanging out in this section of the stands, but it doesn't matter I guess. Every time I try to be along someone finds me and interrupts" he replied with a light shrug of his shoulders, ignoring the look she was giving him.

Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Skyler Riddle

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Skyler merely rolled her eyes at the boy. "It's not a fake smile. It's a real one. It just hides a lot of other things behind it." She tried explaining, but figured it was probably useless given who she was talking to. The brunette shrugged. "I prefer it to looking downright hostile all the time." She added on pointedly with a smirk.

Her smirk widened into a grin. "Why should it be pushing my luck to talk to you? Humans are naturally sociable creatures, after all." She responded in a matter-of-fact tone, nodding her head at him as she stuck the lolli in her mouth and sucked on it. Truthfully, she might just be pressing her luck. Skyler wasn't exactly good with the emotion fear. She either didn't feel it when she should or she did and ignored it anyways. It was a flaw that she didn't enjoy being reminded of, considering it tended to land her in trouble.

His comment about Draco had her scowling. She was tempted to say it probably didn't matter either way since the blonde apparently swung both ways, but no matter how much it irritated her, she would never give anyone something to hold over Draco. Sky had no way to know if the the older Slytherin already that particular fact about his cousin, so she bit her tongue against the remark.

The brunette watched in growing amusement as the boy squirmed around uneasily next to her. Her grin widened as she cocked her head at him, quirking a brow, her eyes dancing in amusement. "Considering I'm quite comfortable here, I can only assume from your squirming you either really have to pee or I make you nervous." The teen teased lightly. She couldn't help it. She was a naturally playful person.
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:33 pm

"Yes, well either way I stand by what I said. I am perfectly fine with myself just the way I am. I wouldn't change a thing," he replied with a shrug of his shoulder and a tone of indifference. 

He knew it had to be getting close to lunch so he only had to keep this charade going for a couple more minutes.

"I don't know, everyone else makes me out to be the big bad around here. I don't see it that way but at least it makes most people keep their distance.  Doesn't seem to bother you." 

Leyton's social skills seemed to be lacking these days and it was one of the many things his mother was always on him about.  But they way he saw it was when you had power none of those other things mattered and he would have power some day soon.  Then every one would know just who he was.

Leaning to the side he lifted his hand up to shade the sun from his eyes again, "no the sun is getting on my nerves, but I'm heading back inside for lunch soon so it really doesn't matter anyway.  Besides you don't have what it takes to make me nervous."

Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Skyler Riddle

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:22 am

Skyler gave the boy a disbelieving look. "You like being alone and depressed-like?" She shook her head at him, clearly not believing him one bit. "I don't believe that. No one wants to be alone." She stated matter-of-factly. It was true enough to her though.

Why would anyone want to be alone all the time? That was just...lonely. And depressing. The brunette couldn't believe anyone would actually want to live like that. It would eat them up alive. Though it did tell her a lot more about the older Slytherin than he probably had wanted to let her in on.

The teen provided a cheeky grin for his benefit. "Nope. Not at all." She agreed simply. He couldn't have made a truer statement. Skyler found herself more curious about him than anything else most people might feel around the older boy. It might have just been her, but she didn't find him scary or anything. Aside from his slight snarky attitude, he wasn't so bad. Atleast, to the brunette he wasn't.

"Afraid you're going to burn that precious pearly skin of yours?" She teased him lightly, following up by letting out a delighted laugh. Her purple eyes gazed up at him brightly in amusement, and despite his apparent determination to not have a good time, Sky seemed to be enjoying herself. "I'm taking that as a compliment, seeing as you're not really my type. I prefer dangerous blondes with sex appeal." The teen winked at him, letting her grin morph into a smirk on her lips. "But you really shouldn't underestimate me. That's only an idiotic mistake on your part. And whatever you may be, I don't believe you to be an idiot."
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:37 am

Scowling he tried to not let her get to him but what she was saying was starting to strike a nerve somewhere deep down inside.  No one knew the things he held locked away but every so often if something was said in just the right way it would trigger things deep in his mind. 

"Who said anything about being depressed? I surely didn't.  But yes I do enjoy being alone it gives me time to think and get things done.  Like school work."  Who was he trying to kid, anyone who knew anything about him knew he cared next to nothing for his studies, often bribing sixth year students to do some of his work for him.

Leyton knew though that he was cursed to be alone.  It had been beaten into him at a very young age about how his life would turn out and he tended to believe it, even now.

Rolling his eyes he looked back towards her like she was growing a third head.  "Do I look like I actually care about things such as my skin.  I think you might have me confused with Draco, he is the only one who cares about sissy things like that.  The pompous ass."

Settling back he propped his feet up once more on the bench in front of them, ignoring her comment about dangerous blondes.  "I underestimate no one, because it gives them a power over me that the do not deserve. And your right I am rarely someone who gets played to be a fool. But I am sure you already knew that as well since you seem to know so much about me."
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Skyler Riddle

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:36 pm

Skyler could only snort at the explanation he provided, a smug grin settling on her lips easily, like one who knew something they shouldn't. It was clear that she didn't believe a word he was saying, and scowl he provided only served to strengthen her theory. "You're very convincing." She replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes. Considering she too was a Slytherin, she knew the older snake hardly studied, if at all. To date she hadn't seem him so much as crack a book open.

Laughing at the look he gave her, a mischievous look entered her purple eyes and, probably pushing her luck, the brunette reached over and caressed his cheek with the back of her fingers lightly. "Aww. But such pretty skin it is." She teased, flashing an innocent grin that looked completely out of place on her, considering who she was. "And Draco is anything but a sissy." She commented with another smug look. Her boyfriend was such a man it made her shiver in delight just thinking about it.

She looked back out to the horizon, considering his words while he got comfortable. You give a lot away." She shrugged gracefully. "Atleast to me. I'm a naturally curious person, and very observant. I notice things, and rarely do I take anything at face value. Especially around Slytherins." She advised honestly, feeling no need to lie. It wasn't like this information could be used against her anyways. "Your act only works on an audience."
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:55 pm

She was getting too close to actually uncovering something true about him and he didn't like it one bit.  Crossing his arms back over his chest he bit back a seething comment that would have probably found him hexed and flying across the pitch.  "Aren't I though..."

She was up to no good and every thing he said was doing nothing to help the situation.  He needed to backpedal out and he needed to do it fast.  When her hand touch his cheek though he stiffened, maybe a little too much. 

With a growl he pushed her hand away and scooted down the bench some to put some space between them. "Never touch me like that Riddle.  You won't like what happens if you do." 

Pushing up off of the bench his eyes flashed darkly, "Well consider this your one and only warning to stop paying so much bloody attention to things that do not concern you. I don't need you digging into things that are none of your business."

Turning he walked away heading for the stairs before he could say anything else that would incriminate him further.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete   Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flying is For the Birds (Skyler) complete

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1