Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join) Empty
PostSubject: With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join)   With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Leyton was hiding, something he was very accustomed to doing that year.  His current position was a storage room on the fourth floor, a place he had sought out after smuggling a bottle of firewhiskey from one of his housemates. Purpose, trying to forget who he was and what he had done.  Now he knew it would take a lot more than a single bottle to dull such a pain but it was a decent start, plus firewhiskey was a bit more potent that other things and usually did a pretty good job right out of the gate.  

Dropping down against the wall he sighed deeply, taking a long drink straight from the bottle.   All he wanted to do was wipe every last memory from his mind from the time he was seven years old until that current day.  That way he could wipe away the abuse, the torment and the guilt that he felt for striking down another person.  It had been an accident but he could still see the look on Gage's face as he took off and left the boy for dead.  

There were so many things he could have done differently but none of them mattered now.  The boy's death had been said to be an accident, slipping and falling on spilt ingredients, but Leyton knew better.  He knew the truth of what had happened that day.  It was a weight he would carry with him for the rest of his life.  Sure, the boy had done horrible things, but that did not mean that he deserved to die the way that he did.  Choking back a sob he dropped his head down against his knees as he pulled them up.  

Leyton knew that he could not keep all of this bottled up inside but there was not one person in the entire castle that he trusted.  He truly was alone and in the first time in his life the full weight of it came crashing down on him.  Too much to handle he continued to cry, paying no attention to the soft opening and closing of the door across from him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join)   With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:51 pm

The whole actually going to class thing Harley was trying for some unknown reason (which was really just a known reason she didn't want to think about or try to understand) was giving her a headache. Professors were annoying enough when she only saw them sporadically. Enduring them for hours on end was torture. By the time she left her morning lesson she was pretty sure she would rather stick needles in her eyes than sit through another one. How her peers managed it day after day she didn't know and didn't want to.

What she did want was a little pick me up, and the Gryffindor knew exactly where to go for it too. Thankfully, the brunette had a free period before she had to endure the torturously boring hour of History of Magic. On the upside, it was the perfect class to get baked before, since the ghost professor hardly noticed anything aside from his own voice. The teen rather doubted he even noticed the students he even taught. Or tried to anyways. HoM was the one class where the rest of her peers seemed to pay just as little of attention as she did in pretty much every class.

So the Gryffindor witch found herself on the fourth floor of the castle, not unusual considering her next class was located there. What was unknown to most others however, was that on that same floor was a decently sized chamber, one she thought was probably used as a storage of sorts, or just as an extra room perhaps for some class that was no longer taught. Whatever the case was as to why the room existed, one thing was for sure. It was a perfect place to light one up.

Or well, it was one place that was perfect to do it. Harley being Harley, over the years she had dedicated a good amount if her time to finding such places. Some of the spots had become useless over the years, with others discovering them. They became popular for would-be rule breakers, and quickly lost their appeal to the teen. Others gained a reputation that tipped off the professors. But the chamber she headed to now was a spot she knew for certain very few people knew about, or would bother to go in if they did.

Which was probably why the brunette was surprised to find someone occupying the room the moment she stepped inside it. They seemed to be crying too, and that was the very last thing she ever wanted to deal with, but by the time the idea of backing out of the room crossed her mind, the door shut with a soft click behind her. It was then her sharp blue eyes took in the typical male uniform of the person across from her. A bloke crying. That was the only thing worse than a witch crying.

Then there was the matter of the green stripped tie, which signaled she had stumbled upon a Slytherin. Usually that wasn't too bad, even given the rivalry between the two houses. As long as it wasn't a female snake she had come across anyways. The blokes weren't hard to handle for Harley. It was the witches that always bit off more than they could chew. Either way, she knew that enough time had passed already that she didn't have time to choose a new location for her intentions.

She supposed the chamber was big enough that they could each keep to themselves, but the bloke's sobs were so loud that he was ruining her high before she even got it. She also noted the bottle he clutched, and rolled her eyes, hoping she didn't have to deal with a drunk emotional snake. Because that would just be the cherry on top of her already crappy day. "Don't tell me the whiskey went bad." She remarked finally, her usual blunt humor breaking the ice easily enough as she took the necessary steps to close the space between them.

The teen took the bottle in question without asking, taking a pull from it without hesitation. "Guess not then." She commented further, dropping her bag to the floor rather carelessly and taking a seat next to boy, who she still couldn't give a name to since she couldn't see his face to recognize him. "Must be something bad if your drinking yourself to tears in the middle of the bloody day." Her words were light, and held no hint or trace of mockery for once. Despite her hard and rough exterior, the girl wasn't cruel in nature, and had hit rock bottom her fair share of times to recognize it in others when she saw it. It wasn't the type of situation that she would mock someone for.
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join)   With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 4:56 pm

Sucking in a deep breath as his head rested against his arms he tried to calm himself down. Every time that he had his breathing back to normal he worked himself back up, it was horrible. He had not been this out of control since he was a child. Those times were nothing that he cared to repeat. Hearing a voice however startled him and he didnt even bother to lift his head up to see the girl coming towards him and before he could say a word she yanked the bottle from his hand and took a drink. Under better circumstances he would have come up shooting off hexes but he did not even have it in him. That in itself lent to how bad the situation truly was.

Lifting his head he brushed his fingers under his eyes roughly before he turned his head slightly to meet her gaze. Trying to put a name to a face he finally settled Knight. Her name he had heard a couple of times but he really wasn't familiar with her enough to know anything about her. "No my whiskey is just fine thank you very much. And I wasn't exactly expecting someone to come busting in in the middle of the day or I would have warded the door." he spouted off unable to keep the angry tone from his voice. He owed this girl no explanation and she would get none. Leyton heard no ill will in her voice but that did not mean it was not there, lurking beneath the surface.

Snatching the bottle back from her he leaned back against the wall taking a long pull from the bottle. He enjoyed the slight burn, it gave him something else to focus on, one pain giving way to another. "Not like you are Miss Innocent yourself, you are obviously skeeving off classes," he muttered his voice gruff and shaky from crying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join)   With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:48 am

"Well you didn't ward the bloody door, so either deal with your lack of foresight or leave." Harley retorted, not missing a beat even as her tone didn't change from light and somewhat bored, blue eyes rolling at the boy she could now put a name to. Lestrange. Now she wasn't quite sure just which Lestrange he was. Didn't really care much either. So long as he didn't completely ruin her soon to be high, they should be just fine.

With a shrug, the brunette pulled her bag to her and opened a secret pocket she had created with magic. Sometimes she were quite clever. The moment the pocket were opened, the stench of the sweet smelling bud it contained wafted up into the air. Her plants were certainly doing well, and the bud they supplied was some good, strong shit. "You would be wrong, and I'm guessing it wouldn't be the first time you are. Hold this for a second." The Gryffindor dropped a couple decent sized nugs into his hand while she dug out a muggle cigar from her bag. "It's a free period. Got Binns next. I'd like to see you sit through an hour of him unmedicated."

Generally, Harley didn't explain herself to anyone, nor did she make conversation if it could be helped. But it wasn't like either of them were about to leave, so it seemed it were one of those 'make the best of it' type of situations. She pulled a magazine on motor parts from her bag as well, taking the nugs from his palm and proceeding to break them up into a long, thick line across the top of the magazine as it lay across her lap. "Whiskeys alright, but this is my poison of choice." The teen commented aloud, pulling her butterfly knife from her jacket pocket and flicking her wrist in an expert move that made it clear she were good at handling the thing to flip it open to the blade, using that to cut open the cigar and gut it of the tobacco inside.

"Ain't gotta worry. I ain't no blab, and I'd have to care enough to talk about it anyway, so no ones gonna hear about a Lestrange crying from me."
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join)   With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:30 pm

As he was used to never getting what he wanted he should have not been surprised when she did not make like a tree and leave, but instead helped herself to sharing the space with him. "Yes well I was a little preoccupied with other things on my mind to think about warding the door." Bloody loon why was it so hard to actually get a moment to ones self.

Taking another long pull from the bottle he kept his fingers wrapped tightly around the neck as he watched her almost as you would study an animal at the zoo, not that he had ever been to one, but he could relate. Leaning back against the wall he ran his fingers of his other hand up and down over the top of his leg lazily.

"No I'm often wrong as my family so often likes to point out, not that its any of your business," he muttered more to himself than to her and like a dummy he actually stuck his hand out as she requested and looking down at what she deposited into his hand. Not his cup of tea but to each his own.

"Well considering I do not know the last time I actually showed up to that class, or if I ever have I wouldn't know." Hiccuping he shrugged and leaned back trying to get comfortable again.

She was a strange thing to take in, but then again most of those in Gryffindor were strange so it was to be expected. "Whiskey or whatever I can get my hands on is what I drink. Hell of a lot harder to get it here than it is at home. Can get what I want there."

Setting the near empty bottle down beside his leg he rolled his eyes, "Good to know I don't have to worry about that. Means I'll be able to sleep tonight so much better knowing you won't tell on me." He couldn't help but be sarcastic as it was a natural defense of his and having been built over years it wasn't something that he would lose overnight. Closing his eyes he tried to relax for a moment knowing she would be more than able to keep herself entertained.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join)   With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 11:25 am

"No shit, Sherlock." Harley replied, her sarcasm clear as she gave a small laugh, actually amused by the boy going out of his way to state the obvious. "I had that much figured out already, Captain Obvious." Her tone remained rather bored, if slightly amused, as she worked on rolling a blunt, more focused on that than anything the Slytherin had to say.

She could feel his eyes on her though, and after a few moments, it irked her enough to the point where she commented on it. "Take a picture. It'll last longer." The teen weren't known for holding her tongue, and was well known for saying what she wanted, when she wanted, and how she wanted. "And I never said it was my business. You're the one bringing it up." She added on in response to his words about his family always telling him he were wrong and blah, blah.

Her tone remained one of boredom, although it were slightly absent, as she were now working on stuffing the newly-gutted cigar with the bud she had so delicately crushed for this purpose. She did manage a half grin though for his words about probably never having stepped foot in Binns' class. "I tip my hat off to you then. That's quite a feat. You must be worst off with the profs than I am, and that's saying something let me tell you."

A bit of pride showed through this time as she half glanced at him, lips curled into a slight smirk while she brought the half rolled cigar that held the weed inside to her lips and licked along the edge, very expertly rolling it the rest of the way and sealing it with the licked part to keep the thing together. It wasn't hard to figure out that the teen were the sort of person who took pride in who and what she was, regardless of what anyone else thought or said about it. Who had time to care about the rest of the world's opinions anyways? Nah. The only one that mattered to her was hers.

[Color=red]"That's because your shit for brains and don't know how to keep stocked. It's all about connections. Now the Head Boy has got the corner on alcohol, if you don't mind answering a million questions that is. But there's a Ravenclaw bloke who can get his hands on anything you want for a pretty galleon. Mind you, if you don't know what you're talking about he'll take you to the cleaners. "[/colors] Harley advised conversationally, hardly even realizing this was the most she had spoken to someone in ages. Generally the brunette didn't volunteer information, but she did usually say the first thing that came to mind. It just so happened that she had a little more to say to the Slytherin than she usually did to anyone else. Go figure.

It really wasn't that surprising, all things considered. They were kinda two of a kind really, with the exception that Harley were a bit more genuine in her devil may care attitude than he was. Not that she really knew that. But she could take an educated guess. After all, a person didn't resort to tears if they didn't care. That was just a given. But unlike so many others probably would have done, the teen gave no judgment on it, and didn't bother trying to question it. She wasn't the type to pry. That took too much effort for the lazy lioness.

" Ha. Touché, Lestrange. By the way, which Lestrange are ya anyway? Too many of you to keep count." The brunette responded with a single laugh for his sarcasm, questioning him while she were at it and patting herself down for her wand. Her words were a bit muffled by the fact that she held the freshly rolled blunt between her lips by one end, apparently prepared to light the thing. "Bloody hell. Think I left my wand in my dorm. You're a wizard. Help me out here yea?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join)   With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

With What I've Done, Who Knows Where I am Going (open-pm request to join)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1