Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

The time has come to talk of many things

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silas Lestrange
Silas Lestrange

Slytherin
Year 1
None

The time has come to talk of many things Empty
PostSubject: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:15 pm

It had taken all his will power to walk out of the forest on shaky legs and make his way into not only the castle, but all the way up to the Ravenclaw Tower. Anger and hatred fueled him with thoughts of revenge. The man had called him a parasite. The bloody hypocrite. The sadistic bastard had actually been one in order to live if rumours were true. Amd every rumour usually held within it a kernal of truth. Why bother asking Silas if he didn't want to hear anything? You couldn't learn anything if you already had preconformed ideas. Eyes narrowing as they flashed with remembrance he scowled. And to punish someone for telling the truth. Silas had been curious and he went to seek out to sate it. If he wanted to believe Draco in regards to the cabinet, so be it. Let the blond have fun trying to repair it on the slim timetable he has.

Clenching and unclenching his hand, Silas hissed in slight pain and anger. Oh, he'd been furious earlier. His walk to the castle helped cool it some. Puting a lifetime experience in practice, Silas tightly supressed it until it was wound taut inside him. His body has trembled with the controled emotion but now the tremers were just from.the after effects from being placed under torture twice. It would be more than stupid to seek out the nurse or the Potion's professor for something to ease the pain.

The Dark Lord wanted followers but Silas thought that yes the man was a fool. Whatever the man had done to make himself as he was must have done a number on his mind. You don't spurn a possible follower and practically shove them at your enemy. Filling them with hatred towards you. As for his mother... The woman scared him and had been told that she basically had the job of killing him. A job that she would not hesitate to do. The man truly was twisted sending her after him.

"Paranoid lunatic," Silas mutterred. Secrets don't stay secrets the more people you tell. He did not know how he had followers. A king was only a king as long as his soldiers and people let him. As for true loyalty and respect. Those were earned, not given out freely or cheaply.

Silas had know from the moment he'd read about his mother being free that his life was on borrowed time. He had better make the most of it shouldn't he? At least he had been given permission of a sort to continue with his plan on murdering Eva's twit of a blood relation. A cold cruel smile stretched his face at the thought. He nearly laughed but restrained himself from doing so. There was also that letter he'd penned to the Ministry.

Whipping his head around, eyes narrowing when he thought he heard someone, Silas' vision swam as vertigo wanted to take him. That had been a mistake. Cautiously he queried, "Eva?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Evangeline had been in a weird mood lately. One moment, she was feeling okay, almost calm and quiet as usual, and the other, she was nervous, worrying about her plan with Silas. Murdering her brother had been a fast decision she had made, but she didn't want to take it back. She was sure about this decision, and she knew perfectly how that made her a murderer, therefore, able to be sent to Azkaban. And really, it wasn't that she was afraid of. It was Silas.

Eva had grown really fond of him. More than fond, actually, and that was the problem. If anything, anything at all went wrong, Silas would be accused of murder along with her, and Evangeline was in no way planning to get him into Azkaban.
That was what troubled her the most. What if... what if someone saw them, or they found evidence against them?
How could she have allowed him to get into this?

But being Evangeline, she decided to try and forget, like she always did. She didn't want to think of her brother, or his murder she was panning. She didn't want to think of the possibilities of something going wrong with the plan. She didn't want to think about how she felt for Silas, and she certainly didn't want to think of the upcoming Ball. But the latest seemed to be the hardest, since everyone seemed to make a great deal about it, but Eva could not understand the importance of such a Ball, and why it was causing so much excitement to everyone.

Yes, it was a Halloween Ball, meaning that everyone should be wearing a costume. A costume that would allow them to be someone else than themselves just for one night.
There would be no rules, no personalities, no wrongs or rights. For one night, everyone could be who they want. Make friends, enemies, allies, even fall in love.
Because for one night, you were simply free.

The young Ravenclaw had been sitting in her dorm, staring out the window for the past hour, with a book in her lap. She hadn't even opened the book to see what it was. It just laid there, in her lap, as if it didn't exist.
The girl was too busy staring out the window, in the black sky, that she had barely understood it was getting late. The fact that the sun had left the sky didn't move her from her place. It felt as if time was frozen, until her cat jumped in her lap, making her fall of the chair she had been sitting in, and land on the floor with a thud.
"You little devil...," she muttered under her breath and pushed herself to her feet, shaking her head. How long had she been sitting there? She didn't know.

"What do you want, Envy? Haven't you tormented me enough for a day?"
The black cat simply mowed at her, making the Ravenclaw groan and throw the book on her bed, deciding that it would be best if she went out to have some fresh air. After all, she had been locked in her dorm for almost half a day. It was about time she got out of there.

Sighing, she threw a pair of jeans and a simple black top, grabbing her cardigan and slipping out of the dorm. She didn't know where she would be going exactly, but in general, she knew she needed to be somewhere outside. Maybe getting lost in the Forbidden Forest was the best thing to do, at the moment.
But as she slipped into the Common Room, she saw no other than Silas, and quickly stopped, trying to move back as quickly as possible, when she heard his voice ring out.

"Eva?"

Sighing, she knew there was no true way of hiding now. She could always go back in her dorm and pretend that she hadn't heard him, but what would that help her with? Being more anti-social than she already was for sure.
"Yes?"
She slowly walked over to him, sitting on the sofa with a small smile. How did they manage to make every time awkward between them?
"How did you know it was me?"
Back to top Go down
Silas Lestrange
Silas Lestrange

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:29 pm

How had he known? Truthfully, he hadn't. The part of him that got angry whenever he saw Eva hurt or those feelings since the boathouse, and the astronomy tower, whispered that he'd hoped it was her. She was the only one he would allow see him in such a pitiful state. Vision still a bit off and cordination skewed, he carefully made his way to the sofa where the girl was. Dropping heavily onto it unable to hold his composure, he fell sideways so his head was in her lap.

"Just, let me lay here like this? Just for a bit." A tremor ran through his body and he shut his to keep from seeing how Eva would react. He still didn't know what they were. Not friends, yet not quite a couple in the traditional sense. There had been something growing between them and Silas was hesitant on nameing it.

What if he let her in and she betrayed him? He had foolishly let his cousin in albeit not without reservation. And without knowing it, had lost any ground that they had layed. Eva had been the first he allowed to approach him. To even let a sliver of the real him show. That darkness that lay hidden and locked away. Showed her a peek, rather than backing out and fleeing, she had stayed. Had given him permission and let that spark of hope light which he'd ruthlessly squashed in case it was premature.

"Eva?" Urgh, he hated how weak his voice sounded. Opening his eyes he gazed at her face to see what his words would elicit. "Go to the ball with me?"

(ooc:Sorry! Been busy rl w studying >_<)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:31 pm

Evangeline was happy, confused, feeling awkward... She didn't know exactly what that was, but whenever she tried to understand all those feelings, she came to a conclusion she didn't want to accept. At least not for now, when she was so unsure of everything.
But she was at least sure for just one thing, and that was the boy that was now looking at her. The boy that stood by her as... something... Something more than a friend but not quite a boyfriend either. She had no idea what that was, but she was at least enjoying some of it. Something that changed her everyday moody routine.

But sometimes he confused her so much, that she didn't know what else to do than stand by his side, smile, and reassure him that everything would be okay. And maybe, that was the only thing he needed for now. Someone to stand by him. To say that he would stay, and do so.
She knew he was betrayed, and growing up in the Lestrange family was difficult. He learned to keep his distance so that no one could ever break him. But now, he was allowing her to see him. The real him. All of him. And as much as it scared her, she was fascinated by it. And most of all, she was in need of it. Of him.

Her eyes searched his as he slowly made his way over to her. She didn't know how to react, so she just stayed there, unmoving, trying to catch a glimpse of his eyes, and hope to make out something.
But instead, he surprised her once again as he slowly crumbled next to her, his head laying in her lap.

"Just, let me lay here like this? Just for a bit."

Eva gulped, not expecting something like that from him. Instead of showing it though, she took a deep breath and placed her cool hand on his forehead.
"We can sit like this as long as you need it..," she murmured, not knowing if he'd hear her or not.

She knew something was up with him, but she didn't know if it was smart to ask now. She preferred to wait, knowing that if he wanted to talk to someone, he would do it on his own. He would come to her without her asking him about it. After all, it was obvious that whatever had happened tormented him, so bringing it up wasn't smart.

At the sound of her name leaving his lips, she almost jumped, her heart beating fast, worried of the words that would follow after. Would he push her away? Was he ready to talk to her?
"Y-Yes?"
She hated how vulnerable she sounded, but maybe showing him what he truly did to her was the right thing to do. She had to allow him in just as much as he had.

"Go to the ball with me?"

"What?"
That had come as a surprise to her, and her answer was not as polite as she was planning it to be. She was preparing herself to listen to whatever torment he wanted to talk about, and suddenly, he was asking her out to the Ball, leaving her awestruck.
Understanding that her answer was blunt, and probably would give Silas the wrong idea she cleared her throat and placed a strand of her behind her ear.

"Yes! I mean, of course! I would love to go with you!"
She bit her lip and shut her eyes, mentally facepalming herself.
Well done, you idiot!, she thought and stood unmoving, waiting for his response. How worse could it be? She had already made a fool out of herself.
Back to top Go down
Silas Lestrange
Silas Lestrange

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Silas enjoyed the cool hand on his head. He'd never had that, been touched like that before. When he'd gotten sick as a child, the house elf looked after him. Never touched him though and he hadn't wanted it to. It had hardened his resolve to not have to depend on anyone. Made him more conscious about what he did to keep from ending up layed up and weak. Hadn't he when his mother showed up again during the summer, vowed to not be weak?

It almost had him reach up to remove her hand, but he didn't. He was weak. He needed comfort right now. Her comfort. To know that not everyone had betrayed him. If she did too...he wasn't sure if he'd be able to allow himself to be vulnerable again. He also did not want to be wrong about the girl whom he found an interest and likeness to. He could admit that he was infatuated with her. She intrigued him.

When her reply was a strange sounding, "What?" Silas' eyes took in her expressions as they crossed her face. An unpleasant oily taste at the back of his throat had him doubting and second guessing himself. Should he have asked her? It was gone the next moment when she gave him an enthusiastic yes. His lips quirked up in a half smile while he questioned himself about doubting her.

At her expression and knowing where it stemmed from he almost laughed lightly. It fled quickly as he sobered, his light mood retreating. Taking one of her hands in both of his, he played with her hand. Tracing the lines of her palm, spreading his fingers against hers and running his index finger along the veins. Eyes full of dark emotions, mouth twisted into a scowl.

"My cousins, Riddle, and I met the Dark Lord tonight." His jaw clenched then unclenched as he allowed a bit of anger out. "I was hit twice with his favorite spell."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:08 pm

When she saw that half smile on his face, Eva let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. She may have made a mistake, but she was quick enough to correct it, before things got even more confused. She didn't mean to scare him with that abrupt answer to his question, but it had come unexpectedly, and Eva had no time to think of it.
Though she was happy about it.

She wasn't even thinking of going to this ball, since she had no one to go with in the first place, but because she wasn't really in the mood for it.
But when Silas asked her, everything turned upside down. She forgot about everything and agreed. But now, a million things were running through her mind. What was she going to wear? Had he already found a costume? And they had to match.

Suddenly Silas' expression changed, causing Eva to look at him concerned as he softly took her hand in his. She knew something was bothering him, and he was trying to find a way to put it into words, but she didn't know how to help him with it. She wasn't the best with expressing feelings herself.

"My cousins, Riddle, and I met the Dark Lord tonight."

Oh Melrin, no...,she thought a she took a deep breath. Now she could understand perfectly why he was feeling so down and crushed. Dealing with the Dark lord was never something she wanted to do, but she knew well how hard that was. Her brother had joined the Death Eaters like their father, and she was expected to do so in the future too, but she couldn't.
She was better than that.

"I was hit twice with his favorite spell."

Eva tensed. Her eyes widened and her breath hitched in her throat. What could she do? She knew that pitying him wasn't a choice, nor did she think of it at all. But what could she really do? Hold his hand, tell him that everything will be okay?
They weren't babies anymore. She couldn't lie to him and pretend that everything will be fine and that their life would go on pleasantly. She was sick of pretending.

"Silas... I am sorry... I-I wish I could do something. Anything..."
Eva ran her fingers through his hair and leaned down to place a soft kiss on his lips.
"I wish I could stop this. Help you in any way I can, just like you are helping me. I owe you my life..."
And it was the truth. If it wasn't his plan about the murder of her brother, she would keep being abused and hurt. Until her last breath. But he appeared in her life and brought everything upside down. He was protecting her in his own way. And they both knew it.

"Why... why are you trusting me with this? It is not like I do not want you to, you know you can trust me, I am just curious. What is different with me?"
Back to top Go down
Silas Lestrange
Silas Lestrange

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Silas' body went rigid as she began to apologize, his face going completely stoic, eyes gaurded as he glanced at her face. If he saw pity or anything remotely related he would shove her away. That would be it and he would know that he had been grievously mistaken about her. Her words were not helping, but doing the opposite. He didn't want nor need anyone's charity. Something held him back from getting to his feet and leaving her to herself. Part of it was he was still too exhausted and weak. Another was he really didn't want to move. Eva's lap was comfortable as was her fingers carding through his hair. It was soothing and almost hypnotizing. If they weren't talking and the subject of the conversation, he was sure it would lull him to sleep.

She threw him for a loop when she said he owned her life in a sense. He was the one who had endangered her in the boat house. It was his idea to eliminate her brother that was the reason why some people should not breed. If all went as it should neither he nor Eva would be implicated. If not, which side would win out? Was this thing between them strong enough to change how he would act?

Part of him liked that she believed she owed her life to him. That was power of its own. Someone depending on their intentions could use that for many kinds of purposes. That part of him that was Slytherin had him preening inside. The other part of him wished she hadn't worded it like that. Yet his Ravenclaw side said he could use that.

Looking at the Eva's hand held in his, he studied it. How much thinner her fingers were than his. His thumb brushed across her knuckles as he tried to come up with an answer to her questions. How much did he trust her? His eyes swept as much of the room as he could from his position, looking for portraits not letting his gaze rest on anything.

He could have said it was because of what she had admitted. Or that because he knew that he now had blackmail if she tried to turn on him. What came to mind though was what he had thought when he believed he'd seen something. Something in her had caught his interest. He wanted to see how much he could unearth and/or bring to the surface.

"Like calls to like," he finally stated quietly. "You have never asked nor assumed anything about me."

Eva hadn't run when she saw that Silas was not all he presented himself as. She had also awoken something in him that he still yet to wonder if it was a good thing or bad. It could be her Ravenclaw curiosity wanting answers, but he believed it was more than that. Emotions and expressions could be faked, but what passed through them when they kissed could not be. It was how he knew that she hadn't been setting him up or leading him on just to humiliate him.

Still unwilling to vocalize what it was exactly, he sighed. He still did not understand what she wanted from him or what he was supposed to say. He would say what he knew was truth. "You wouldn't use what you know against me."
Back to top Go down
Salazar Slytherin
Salazar Slytherin
Founder

Admins/Founders
None

PostSubject: Re: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 8:52 pm

5 points each for an excellent plot.
Please continue posting as usual.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartssilverlining.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:12 pm

The moment those words left her mouth, she knew it was wrong. Pity wasn't a choice for him. And she didn't actually pity him. It was a weird feeling. She just cared too much, someone could say. And that wouldn't end well, she was sure about it. But she couldn't stop herself from wanting to make his torment stop.
Though to her ultimate defeat, it had to come out as if she was pitying him.

She could feel him freeze in her lap. That caused her to shut her eyes to keep all the thoughts that were running through her head. Would he get up and leave? Would he hate her? Had she just lost the trust she had worked so hard to earn?
Was this the end of all the weird feelings that had been growing inside her for so long?
Could she really let go now?

She took a deep breath to calm down her fast beating heart. Her eyes opened, ready to face everything that would be following. But instead, he remained there unmoving, surprising he once again by staying there. His eyes looked at everything else except here, as his fingers caressed her knuckles. It was his own way of expressing what he felt. And even that small gesture that someone wouldn't even notice, meant so many for her. Because Silas was a guy of detail. Nothing was obvious with him. Well, except a few things..

"You have never asked nor assumed anything about me."

That was indeed the truth. When she had approached him, it wasn't because he was a Lestrange, and when he told her he was a Lestrange, she didn't assume he was a Death Eater, neither did she assume he was a jerk. She went on trying to create some kind of friendship not caring what his name was, or what he was said to be.
And he proved to her, that he wasn't just what people said him to be. He wasn't just the cold person everyone expected him to be. He could be kind, a good listener. And he even let her in. Something he had never done before. Meaning that he cared just as much a she cared about him.

The fact that she would never use it against him, all these information, made her laugh a little bit. It wasn't funny, at all. But to her it was a way to break the ice. And it seemed kind of funny to her, since she could never hurt him. Mentally or physically.
"Indeed I won't... But even if I wanted to, I couldn't.."
She shrugged a bit, leaving that tint of mystery behind her. She didn't know if talking about those feelings was a smart thing right now, but they had already started a deep conversation.
Shouldn't see add a bit to it?

"Actually, Silas... there is something I want to talk about..."
She gulped and shifted a bit, placing some hair away from her face. Once again, she placed one hand on his forehead, and bit her lip, figuring out a way to put out her thoughts.
"You know... Have you... have you been feeling somewhat different? When you're with me, I mean.."
Back to top Go down
Silas Lestrange
Silas Lestrange

Slytherin
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 12:01 am

It was the hesitancy, that had Silas edgy. His expression automatically gaurded, his eyes searching hers, he caught Evangeline's nervous habit with her hair. Had she changed her mind? About him? Or about the accident that he was trying to conceive for her twat of a brother? He wanted to move to sit up, but as if she could forsee he reaction, her hand went to his forehead to forstall him. It was his turn to hesitate, unsure and waiting to see what she would say when she was able to vocalize it.

When she did, the teenager went absolutely still. Panic breifly surged, clawing its way free to consume him. Was she asking him to actually put into words and speak what he felt? Aloud?! He wasn't sure he could do that. Had hoped he wouldn't have to. Didn't he say so in his own way when he volunteered to be her alibi then had volunteered to get rid of the one hurting her? He'd even asked his mother and the Dark Lord about her family. While they found her dismissive, he hadn't. He was still here. He showed weakness in front of her! And he'd even asked her to this ridiculous ball. Things he would not normally do.

When they kissed he was sure his emotions got across, because he felt hers. Knew that she at least felt the same. So he had believed. If she wanted proof, he was working on it and would have it when she would be one sibling short. It never once crossed his mind that Evangine was a teenage girl that might be insecure and wanted reassurance like any other. He was too absorbed in his silent mental panic attack.

Shutting his eyes so he could try and gather his thoughts, Silas sighed. He knew that what he felt for the girl's whose lap he was in was very very different from the crush he'd had on Luna Lovegood. That had been a brief infatuation that quickly cooled. This...thing he and Eva shared...It was entirely different kind of monster.

There was a small amout of resentment and anger that wanted to snap at her. For forcing him to name what it was. To admit to this when she knew he at least felt something for her. That was also the scared part of him that he didn't allow out. The part that was always suspicious, doubting, believing this was still a trick to try and break him. The other side of that coin was he was still very much curious about her. Wanting to figure the shiny toy puzzle out. See what she was made of and what had to be done to see the hidden layers beneath.

Licking his lips he opened his eyes, staring up at hers. Knowing his answer would likely make or break them. Yet, he still found himself unwilling to open his mouth and give Eva what she wanted. "This is the only concise way I can say it."

He took her hand from his head and placed it on his rapidly beating heart. Used his free hand to cup the back of her neck to bring her down to take possession of her lips. Hoping that this would be enough because it was all he could do at this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The time has come to talk of many things   The time has come to talk of many things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The time has come to talk of many things

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1